• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Battle of the best AP 15400: JF Vs TF

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
714638dae3079ba8d45a9c0334d1305f.jpg

a6d526776451d18bde4c5fe78000e2d5.jpg

cf3e8e5895af8fca9f8b56c28cdaeb71.jpg

97187e8e84a8f82730d82874a3486ff1.jpg

1ca2d09ddc2495206583390f02fec992.jpg

JF with Taka doble AR... amazing watch, not sure if it worth it ti replace the dial wirh TF... I will see later at home.

Miltiades

Known Member
7/7/10
Ordered at puretime, usually very fast I just hope it ships before CNY,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
We got another month before CNY. We should be OK!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
I don't know... I haven't the TF but Pely JF one..
maybe it's the overall manufacture, but I prefer the JF!
[MENTION=113334]lolo1972sg[/MENTION] [MENTION=115820]easfarmers[/MENTION]

I've got both, TF and JF, both on bracelet. And it actually is the bracelet of the JF that makes it feel so heavy and stiff.

Of course the overall quality of the JF is far better than the TF, also the TF clasp can't compete with the JF. But the TF bracelet itself wears more comfy, just fits better as it is not all the time round like a circle and stiff like a ring.

I'll post some pics later.

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
@lolo1972sg @easfarmers

I've got both, TF and JF, both on bracelet. And it actually is the bracelet of the JF that makes it feel so heavy and stiff.

Of course the overall quality of the JF is far better than the TF, also the TF clasp can't compete with the JF. But the TF bracelet itself wears more comfy, just fits better as it is not all the time round like a circle and stiff like a ring.

I'll post some pics later.
Thanks. Would be good for the other folks here to see more pics.
I don't really have the TF, so I can't say much about its bracelet.
On a personal level, and that is because I have a small wrist, I somehow like the feel on how the JF bracelet wraps stiffly around my wrist. And I did not even do an oil bath on it.
The 2 things I have to do on the JF bracelet are:
1) sand down all the little sharp edges: those between the links, on link edges, and even the corners of the 2 release buttons on the clasp. Especially the corners on the release buttons because the sharp edges will sometime poke into my wrist flesh and cause slight discomfort. Once properly sand down, everything is good.
2) I find the bracelet screws hard to remove/re-inserted initially. So, I removed all of them and sand/polish them well. And i reckoned a good sanding and polishing makes them easier to go in and out of the bracelet. And frankly, one does not really need to do this on all the bracelet screws since we only size the bracelet once to fit our wrist. Again, it is something I tried since I was sanding down all the little sharp edges.
Point 1 above makes the bracelet more comfortable for me. It also makes it feel smoother when you run your hands or fingers along it. I still vividly remember when I first received the rep and run my hands and fingers around the bracelet, the one thing that I noticed immediately was these little sharp edges.

easfarmers

20/11/15
Tf is hands down the more comfy watch, like what chronomate said, I think it has to do with how flexible the bracelet is and hence wrapping around your wrist better.

With all that said, once you go jf , you can't go back

peterpl

24/7/11
I have both TF and JF. Once on the wrist the bracelet curves around the same and the feeling is the same. The comfort on both is very good and identical to me.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
I have both TF and JF. Once on the wrist the bracelet curves around the same and the feeling is the same. The comfort on both is very good and identical to me.

That depends how tight yor prefer to wear your watch around the wrist. If you wear the bracelet tight, there is almost no difference.

I personally prefer it loose and then there is a significant difference. The JF bracelet is like a bangle, stiff and not flexible at all. It doesn't wrap around your wrist smoothly and always lets a lot of space between the wrist and the bracelet - just like a bangle.

SirCharly86

I'm Pretty Popular
4/2/15
That depends how tight yor prefer to wear your watch around the wrist. If you wear the bracelet tight, there is almost no difference.

I personally prefer it loose and then there is a significant difference. The JF bracelet is like a bangle, stiff and not flexible at all. It doesn't wrap around your wrist smoothly and always lets a lot of space between the wrist and the bracelet - just like a bangle.

... and this is how it would be on a gen ;)

Tengzai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/15
Plan to get a 15400, but am not sure which is the best version. I do know JF is clearly preferred by majority over TF but there is little discussion/comparison on the others.
I see a few version such as JUMBO 15400 39mm with 2824-2 25J movement, and a 15400 by J12.
Out of the JF, Jumbo and J12, which is the better? Any advise would be lovely.

SirCharly86

I'm Pretty Popular
4/2/15
Plan to get a 15400, but am not sure which is the best version. I do know JF is clearly preferred by majority over TF but there is little discussion/comparison on the others.
I see a few version such as JUMBO 15400 39mm with 2824-2 25J movement, and a 15400 by J12.
Out of the JF, Jumbo and J12, which is the better? Any advise would be lovely.

There is also the V6f... But there are some 3ads that compare the three version with pics...

peterpl

24/7/11
^ I dont wear mine tight but not loose either so it wobbles everywhere. I wear it snug enough so the watch doesn't rotate on my wrist - but yes if you are one of those guys that wear it extremely loose so it slides up and down your wrist then maybe that will be a problem.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
... and this is how it would be on a gen ;)

Almost, yes. The gen bracelet is by far not as wobbly as the TF. But also not as stiff as the JF. The gen links are more chamfered than the JF and the interlinks, connecting the bracelet links, have a bit more margin. So the gen bracelet won't wobble but also won't let the watch sit on your wrist like a bangle, almost like a perfect 360 degrees circle :wink:

And still, according to my preferences, the TF feels more comfortable since the watch feels more balancend and isn't circling around my wrist. None if it is gen so everyone has to decide for himself, which way to go.

I'm thinking about installing a TF bracelet to my JF or mod my JF bracelet.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
^ I dont wear mine tight but not loose either so it wobbles everywhere. I wear it snug enough so the watch doesn't rotate on my wrist - but yes if you are one of those guys that wear it extremely loose so it slides up and down your wrist then maybe that will be a problem.

I am one of those guys and it really is a problem. But I had worse situations in life :laugh:

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
JF bracelet loosens up over time and use anyway. Plus the shape of the link ends is as gen. TF definitely not.

As for the guy asking about other makers there's no point even looking at them. That's why the real battle of the best is only between JF and TF.

easfarmers

20/11/15
JF bracelet loosens up over time and use anyway. Plus the shape of the link ends is as gen. TF definitely not.

As for the guy asking about other makers there's no point even looking at them. That's why the real battle of the best is only between JF and TF.

I second that. I realised my jf loosen up on the 2nd time I wear it and it's a lot more comfortable now.

Tengzai

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/15
Decisions, decisions. Have a skinny, flat (very oval) wrist, so not sure if I should go for the stiff bracelet of JF.
Maybe get leather? Or go for TF for the bracelet..