• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Explorer II - Nothing but problems

JasonGSD

Known Member
6/6/13
First Explorer II I received from Ryan had one of the hands fallen off and the back was sealed shut and inoperable.

The second one he sent me, the black from one of the numbers came off almost immediately and I have had the strap break on me 3x now.

I refuse to just give up on this watch because I like it but this is getting aggravating.

So first, is there a way to fix the black on the exterior numbers?

Second, is there an aftermarket band I can just replace mine with (metal)? I have a feeling I am going to have problems over and over again.

Thank you for input.

staten12

14/5/15
The black should be an easy paint fix. I saw on the forum some of the members had the same problem after a while. Someone posted a paint mod on how to do it if you search for explorer ii paint mod or something similar. As far as bracelet you can always order an extra one from Ryan for around 75$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
That is a shame, my Noob explorer is ace!
The bezel number paint is a known issue, apparently nail varnish works well.
As for a bracelet, most of the TD's will be able to source you one, or keep your eye on the m2m ads, they come up regularly.
rdb

theprofessor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/15
First Explorer II I received from Ryan had one of the hands fallen off and the back was sealed shut and inoperable.

The second one he sent me, the black from one of the numbers came off almost immediately and I have had the strap break on me 3x now.

I refuse to just give up on this watch because I like it but this is getting aggravating.

So first, is there a way to fix the black on the exterior numbers?

Second, is there an aftermarket band I can just replace mine with (metal)? I have a feeling I am going to have problems over and over again.

Thank you for input.

Paint wearing on caseback is extremely common problem, apparently it even happens on gens. It is quite a simple fix, quick search will bring up a few different remedies

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
Paint wearing on caseback is extremely common problem, apparently it even happens on gens. It is quite a simple fix, quick search will bring up a few different remedies

No paint on the Explorer case back, it's on the 24hr Bezel lol

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Paint on the bezel is an easy fix. Try search for the tutorial here. As for the band, which part actually broke then?

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
Paint on the bezel is an easy fix. Try search for the tutorial here. As for the band, which part actually broke then?

Curious about this as well.

Also, do you frequently "break" other watches?
The caseback was glued?

namemyname

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/15
I have to say I agree with OP. My explorer 2 with the decorated 3135 movement stopped after 3 hours and would only start again after a hard smack on the side of the case. It happens anywhere between 3 and 7 hours so I had to send it back to China. I hope they fix the damn problem before sending it back.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Just standard black nail varnish works well, clean the excess off with acetone