• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another which Sub question

tradingra

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/12/15
Hi all

I am sure this question has been answered a few times but I wanted some specific advise

I asked around on this forum for advise on buying a sub and some informed members advised that I buy the latest noob v6.

I also read about TC and bk and although have been in touch with bk, I haven't heard back from TC yet.

Quick question. The noob v6 costs around 370 odd plus shipping odd. Bk costs 645+ Shipping. I have no idea about how much TC cost - Any indication would be helpful.

The question is whether the additional 75% over noob v6 that bk is asking for is really worth it? I understand about the Swiss movement but also understand that the stock Asian movement is as reliable. I couldn't find any comparison pics between the 2 so can't gauge. Any pointers would be helpful.

Also if tc makes the older model that has been discontinued, why would anyone pay a premium?

From a casual inspection and not detailed microscopic inspection, can anyone tell between the 3 models?

Frankly bk sounds too expensive and TC I understand takes a long time to deliver. So is the noob v6 my best bet?

Lastly, some members advised on buying a noob and then modding it by buying some genuine components with the end result close or better than a TC. Which components are those and how does one buy them and whats the cost breakdown. Does anyone have the cost breakdown?

Thanks all in advance

Best,
Steve

dferraro7

5/5/13
BK is more of a modder I'd say in that he makes the watch closer to gen; date wheel mods etc. whereas TC only produces the old non ceramic version Sub. BK really does excellent work. It all depends if you want ceramic or old aluminum bezel models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssikon

Known Member
7/10/15
I can tell you I got a TC V6 recently and as common though actually is the closest to GEN. Many people claim that unless you set the hour (time rotates in the opposite way compared to GEN) 99% of people will not call you out.
The watch is really stunning.

if you are a 5Digits guy like I am TC is the answer. price is slightly more than 600 shipped and waiting time about 2 months, also TC accepts All the GEN parts

moreover a used, polished gen 5 digits would be much more affordable than a 6 digits.
ask yourself if you want to be modern or vintage. :)

SUB

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Thanks dferraro and Ssikon. So the new noob v6 isn't good enough? Purely in terms of the looks and functionality

Also what mod work can be done on the noob to make it awesome or is it better to just buy TC or bk? Thanks

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Also if tc makes the older model that has been discontinued, why would anyone pay a premium?

Lol. Mate, old (vintage) gen Rolexes are worth MUCH more than the modern ceramic rolexes you see at ADs.

TC watches are quite expensive because the quality is very very good.

Noob v6 is good enough but side by side with a modern gen equivalent, you WILL notice the difference. Gen ceramics have a shine/aura that is hard to replicate.

With a TC, I genuinely can't tell the difference against my gens - in terms of overall size, weight, look, quality etc.

HOWEVER if you haven't handled a 8-12 year old gen sub, you will probably be surprised how light and flimsy they feel.

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Appreciate that Mech thanks. So now the question I have is what mods can I do to my noob (I prefer the ceramic one) to make it look and feel more like the current genuine version. What mods, from where to source and who to get it assembled from and some idea about costs. Cheers

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
And you are spot on with the shine part. That's precisely what I need to replicate as the mods and also remedy any apparent variances from original. Thanks in advance

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Appreciate that Mech thanks. So now the question I have is what mods can I do to my noob (I prefer the ceramic one) to make it look and feel more like the current genuine version.

Take it one step at a time.

In the first instance, buy a noob v6 from a TD.

Check the QC pictures to make sure everything is well aligned etc....or you can pay BK to effectively do this for you.

No need to pay extra for a Swiss movement (waste of money IMO).

Once it arrives, you will be amazed with the quality.

Wear it and enjoy it as it is.

You probably won't notice any flaws initially unless you start reading and researching on here about the "tells"

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Cheers mech thanks again

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
He specializes in hamburgers he calls "Whoppers"

Really dude ?

Now im hungry

Hero_0005_Whopper.png

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Personally I would buy the stock rep with the Asian movement, and just look for any flaws during QC. You can make sure that the cyclops, rehaut, DW, and indices are aligned, before it's shipped anyway. The a2836 can be pretty reliable straight out of the box as well, with a service it'll run well for a long time. After owning the watch for a little while you'll know if there's anything that bugs you, and then you can just send it out for some modding. If you're happy with it, you just saved enough to buy another nice rep.

I'd only buy a BK if you absolutely must have the new Swiss movement, as that's the largest cost involved with one of his watches.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Oh Man !!!!!

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
[MENTION=74498]Garyb[/MENTION] ... Lol

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
Hi all,
Hope 2016 has been good so far.

I finally ordered my Sub and have received the QC pics. They all look ok to me but I might miss something important so sharing them here for my wiser friends to advise me. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Best wishes
Steve

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Hi all,
Hope 2016 has been good so far.

I finally ordered my Sub and have received the QC pics. They all look ok to me but I might miss something important so sharing them here for my wiser friends to advise me. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Best wishes
Steve
I see you haven't been reading. QC pics are not provided to you to post so we can tell you what's wrong. As a matter of fact they are prohibited unless you have a specific question.
Hi all

I am sure this question has been answered a few times but I wanted some specific advise

I asked around on this forum for advise on buying a sub and some informed members advised that I buy the latest noob v6.

I also read about TC and bk and although have been in touch with bk, I haven't heard back from TC yet.

Quick question. The noob v6 costs around 370 odd plus shipping odd. Bk costs 645+ Shipping. I have no idea about how much TC cost - Any indication would be helpful.

The question is whether the additional 75% over noob v6 that bk is asking for is really worth it? I understand about the Swiss movement but also understand that the stock Asian movement is as reliable. I couldn't find any comparison pics between the 2 so can't gauge. Any pointers would be helpful.

From a casual inspection and not detailed microscopic inspection, can anyone tell between the 3 models?

Frankly bk sounds too expensive and TC I understand takes a long time to deliver. So is the noob v6 my best bet?

Lastly, some members advised on buying a noob and then modding it by buying some genuine components with the end result close or better than a TC. Which components are those and how does one buy them and whats the cost breakdown. Does anyone have the cost breakdown?

Thanks all in advance

Best,
Steve

Appreciate that Mech thanks. So now the question I have is what mods can I do to my noob (I prefer the ceramic one) to make it look and feel more like the current genuine version. What mods, from where to source and who to get it assembled from and some idea about costs. Cheers

sent from my Samsung S6 Edge +

tradingra

Banned
26/12/15
I have seen many posts asking opinion from fellow members about qc pics. This is my first order so I want some help to decide if all is ok especially the main trouble areas like sel gap / date etc. Whats wrong with posting such questions and seeking help especially by newbies. Thats what such forums are for aren't they?