• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First post after first purchase from Toro - PAM183

eightballmu

Horology Curious
14/12/15
This is my first dive into the rep world, in general. I can say I'm very excited. Owning a gen just isn't something I can afford ATM, so glad my obsession with timepieces can begin now!

Anyway, I've been scouring your site, along with others, and settled on a PAM183 from Toro. I know it's a displayed back, which can be tricky for a 1st timer like me, but I've read a lot of your expertise along the way. 6-9 months back I saw reference to there being a paucity of 183s available, I was glad to find it at least listed for sale by Toro.

I'll keep the updates coming - including photos - if people are interested I know there are pictures of Toro's excellent work (including on the 183) all over this site.

Happy to be here - thanks for having me!

eightballmu

Horology Curious
14/12/15
Some updates: so far so good.

Toro and I have been in contact almost daily. Monetary exchange has occurred, I've seen QC photos -- crystal clear and multiple shots taken -- now just awaiting shipping.

Rundown:
12/14 website purchase clicked
12/15 payment method finalized
12/15 payment delivered
12/16 payment delivery confirmed
12/17 QC photos sent
12/18 QC photos reviewed and approved

No movement over the weekend - which is expected. So far very happy. I'll post pics upon arrival.

eightballmu

Horology Curious
14/12/15
And we're home. Watch just arrived -- there are some DHL horror stories out there but they were fantastic. Remember I had Christmas to deal with. Followed it the whole time online with tracking number provided to me by Toro. I'll finish timeline then post pics to follow.

12/22 (or so) package sent to shipper
12/23-12/24 (or so) package registered by DHL in Hong Kong
12/25 customs cleared
12/27 1030AM CST package delivered

I'm terrible with photos (I'll improve hopefully) and the photos do not do this thing justice. This thing looks and feels wonderful, as I expected given Toro's record. It also came with an extra tan leather strap (that I paid for). My first rep purchase and I can say I've already got the next 3 I'll purchase bookmarked... Thanks Toro!

Newguy151

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/15
I'm looking into this watch probably gonna get the it this week enjoy it :thumbup:

eightballmu

Horology Curious
14/12/15
3rd day wearing it and absolutely love it. Do not hesitate. One additional detail I've learned about it: it has a very nice high frequency hum to it that is loud enough to hear when you hold it up to your ear, but not so loud that it sounds janky or can be heard at normal distances away from ear in quiet room. Of course it's only day 3, so I hold it up to my ear quite a bit. :laugh:

Cheers!