• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

online ordering

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
hi there
has anyone ever ordered direct from a dealers website say for instance intake watches is it safe to do so or should it be done trough the forum I've seen a couple of watches id love to order but not too sure if the sites are safe,also do they send QC pictures to your email or on the forum ?
thanks in advance

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
well its done !!! after reading all the seller reviews just ordered my first rep from intimewatches a nice brietling just awaiting QC pics now

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
hi there
has anyone ever ordered direct from a dealers website say for instance intake watches is it safe to do so or should it be done trough the forum I've seen a couple of watches id love to order but not too sure if the sites are safe,also do they send QC pictures to your email or on the forum ?
thanks in advance

Yes, ordering from their website is safe. QC pictures will come to your e-mail. Congrats on your first order!

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
cheers mate its just nice for some of you more experienced guys to put my mind at rest

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
thanks pal but it looks like the payment didn't go through according to intimewatches i can't understand that I've never had any problems before I've offered paypal gift i just hope they except it or I'm stuffed this rep watch malarky is turning out more tricky than i first thought

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
thanks pal but it looks like the payment didn't go through according to intimewatches i can't understand that I've never had any problems before I've offered paypal gift i just hope they except it or I'm stuffed this rep watch malarky is turning out more tricky than i first thought

Many of the TD are having issues with credit card payment processors. You have to remember they are finding ways for you to use your credit card to buy illegal goods. Western Union is a very good option and going in person to a Western Union place is the easiest and will work every time.

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
the trouble is i tried to buy a watch from WBK TIME using western union as he wouldn't except paypal gift and i had to register all my details only to have the payment denied on security grounds its a nightmare I'm just hoping intimewatches except paypal gift then I'm in business otherwise I'm gonna have to wait ages until i have enough rep on the site or someone vouches for me

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
the trouble is i tried to buy a watch from WBK TIME using western union as he wouldn't except paypal gift and i had to register all my details only to have the payment denied on security grounds its a nightmare I'm just hoping intimewatches except paypal gift then I'm in business otherwise I'm gonna have to wait ages until i have enough rep on the site or someone vouches for me

Very few dealers will accept PayPal at all. Some will take it from established customers they know and trust. They take a huge risk when they accept PayPal---

1. Paypal rules forbid using PayPal funds to but/sell counterfeit items. So, it's very risky for a dealer (TD) to accept it.
2. Buyers have, in the past, filed PP disputes against dealers that were nice enough to accept PP. This results in the sellers account being frozen or closed.... the dealer can lose much money as a result of this. For that reason, they don't take PP in general. You won't find any TD accepting PP Gift.

As a new member, the best way to make a purchase is to use WU. DON'T do it online. It's likely to be blocked or denied. Go into a WU retail location and pay that way. The TD will give you the payment info.

Hope it all works out for you.

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
yeah i tried money gram and it was blocked due to security its a nightmare to say the least mate

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
yeah i tried money gram and it was blocked due to security its a nightmare to say the least mate

Did you try it online or go into a retail location? Online will likely be blocked. Going into a WU retail location is your best bet.

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
yeah online mate, maybe thats where i went wrong pal :cry2:to be fair though the dealer I'm speaking too now said that after one successful transaction he will then except paypal from me which is good because I've seen a boat load i want from his site lol lol and theres a shop near by me that does western union so all is not lost

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
yeah online mate, maybe thats where i went wrong pal :cry2:to be fair though the dealer I'm speaking too now said that after one successful transaction he will then except paypal from me which is good because I've seen a boat load i want from his site lol lol and theres a shop near by me that does western union so all is not lost

Patience is key in this hobby. :) It'll work out.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
You seem like a patient and understanding person, this is the absolute correct attitude to have when purchasing reps. Hope all turns out well, let us know of any other questions you may have

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
cheers guys
yeah I'm happy to wait ill be off and running in no time ,I'm just dying to get one of them bad boys on my wrist haha

redrising

I'm Pretty Popular
23/4/12
Congrats on your first order. My bet is that it won't be your last:) Please post pics once the watch arrived.

Conquerer

27/5/15
Just search google for "western union locations" in your area and you'll find a ton. Doesn't have to be an actual Western Union building; many places can do it like convenience stores and grocery stores, or places like Cash Money or w/e. It may seem strange and kinda "idk about this..." at first but don't worry. Get the info from the seller and then go in person to one of these places, fill out the send money form and pay by cash or debit and you're done. Give the transaction number to the dealer and wait for the QC. Very simple and the best way for new buyers, especially if you're having CC problems on some sites.

wisher1

Horology Curious
7/12/15
yeah I'm on it guys I've found the shop to do the WU just awaiting an email back from intimewatches with there payment details then I'm good to get started thanks for all the feedback guys its appreciated :thumbup: I've already bought a sneaky little OMEGA from a member on here just to put me on lol

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
yeah I'm on it guys I've found the shop to do the WU just awaiting an email back from intimewatches with there payment details then I'm good to get started thanks for all the feedback guys its appreciated :thumbup: I've already bought a sneaky little OMEGA from a member on here just to put me on lol

You know the addiction has really taken hold when you start buying watches from members to tide you over while you're waiting on an order from a TD.