• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How the hell do you settle on which rep to buy?

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Hi guys,

Simple question this morning - how in the world do you guys decide which rep (out of the hundred ones on your list) you will commit to purchase next?

My first rep was easy - I've always told myself that if I stepped in the replica watch scene, my first watch would be a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 with blue dial. T's been my holy grail watch for a while, and it only made sense that I began my journey with the JF's one. Easy call.

Now, I'm getting ready to commit to my second purchase. Would it be a genuine, the choice would be easier because price would limit (or rule out) a majority of the watches on my list. But, seeing as most of the reps on my list are sub-600$ CDN, I have simply too many choices at hand and can't seem to settle my choice on one.

I'm debating between a couple of Submariner refs (because every collection needs one - or more - Sub), a DSSD D-Blue from Noob, a white Explorer II, a Tudor BBR, a AP Diver, the Omega Seamaster 'Spectre', the IWC Portuguese 7 days and Jaeger-Lecoultre Reverso 'Tribute to 1931'.

I have way more watches on my wish list but these are the ones that come near the top.

So.. how do you guys choose?

#firstworldproblems

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Forgot to tell - wishing you guys safe and happy holidays with your loved ones and many more reps for the year to come!

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
Well, you'll soon find that this very question will cause you to become addicted and buy many more reps! ;-)

I'm over 20 at this point and still see a few I'd like to scoop up. It's a sickness I tell you! :timeout2:

Jojo88

Renowned Member
19/3/15
U buy one and u will buy another 2 and 3 and 4. And few more time u will have the collection!

Esavy

Renowned Member
31/5/12
Buy them all and see how you like each one. If you don't like one, sell it in the Sales Section :D
one of us are bound to scoop up a good C&R!

niotin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/15
well for me, first I focus on the M2M section, then I look at what's for sale, then I go down the list of super reps that are as close to 1:1 as possible, then you go by new releases, then if you still have things on your list, just buy whatever looks nice.

chronomate

Mythical Poster
27/5/15
Every morning when I wake up I know exactly which watch will be my next choice. But then I'm always late and in a hurry so I forget to buy it. Around noon, when I find time to think, the choice of the morning has changed, so I remit it to the evening to perform some research on RWI before I decide. And then after checking on all the options and having been on intime, toro oder puretime I'm totally lost and have no idea which one I want first. Until next morning....... :wink:

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I can't decide, that's why I have almost 20 in collection and bigger problem is that I love them all too much and can hardly release any of them. Ohh forgot to mention, TC LV on the way. :woo: :p

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
For me I usually have 1-3 reps that I will shortlist. 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. Eventually I'll buy all 3 cos I'm just paying a one time shipping fee. :tongue: This month alone, I bought 6 reps from the TDs here. It's a damn poisonous hobby I tell you. :devil-1:

Fez621

Supporter
Certified
30/8/15
I will stay looking and thinking very long before i decide wich watch the lucky one is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike70sk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/14
the reps are quite high in candian dollars, im get priced out of the market

DocHolliday

Huckleberry Sales Mod
Advisor
11/2/15
The best part about the rep world is you don't ever have to settle. You get to taste all 31 flavors if you please.