• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How often to wind tour 7750 automatic

medyjenn

Horology Curious
21/8/15
Hi all
I recently got a 7750 based automatic rep.
Now i kiw the keyword here is rep and hence would be fine not getting a perfect auto wind while i am using the watch so some manual wind is expected.
The problem is i have to wind the watch up every 36h even if I am wearing it.

Now after about 3 months of wear, each time i wind it manually i feel like some of the "teeth" in the cogs are skipping and I am worried that I am going to damage it if I continue on doing it.

Any thought about these two issues?

Excuse the question if it is a rather obvious question, but i have only worn quatrz gen and rep so far so dont really have a real base to judge.

Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dxrct

12/10/15
As far as my newbie knowledge, automatic watches should not stop when you're wearing it, whether gen or reps. Just my newbie input?

fanerai

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
1/10/15
While I have hand wound an A7750 based Super Avenger, it is a very rare occurrence. I don't recommend it.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
The 7750 does not wind bi-directionally; it only winds in one direction...clockwise I think. When wearing the watch, does it get a lot of movement? If you work a desk job or something like that it may be that's it just getting enough movement to keep it fully wound.

medyjenn

Horology Curious
21/8/15
That is what i thought, it should not be hand wound but even if do move about (yes desk job but loads of gesturing about) it just "dies".

Is it a cheap fix or shall contact the TD see if he can replace?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
You need to have it serviced. They come from the factory often nasty dirty. Also, which watch? is it a Daytona or IWC or any one of the many that have modules to move the sub dials around to non-standard configuration?

medyjenn

Horology Curious
21/8/15
The watch is a UN maxi marine. Not the expert but think all is standard configuration.

I think servicing is the solution. Just need to find someone in London that could do the job and not cost me the price of another watch!

Cheers guys

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
The watch is a UN maxi marine. Not the expert but think all is standard configuration.

I think servicing is the solution. Just need to find someone in London that could do the job and not cost me the price of another watch!

Cheers guys

I think UN MMs with 7750's have the 30 minute sub at 3 instead of normal 7750 config at 12, so not standard config. You might find it tricky getting a UK smith but could try Domi in Germany, look in supporters list. If you go back to TD you will need to send watch back to China, which I personally would steer clear of if possible.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
You really should have your watch fully serviced...disassembled, sonic bath, lubricated with Swiss Eta quality oils, silicone the gaskets prior to reassembling the watch..

medyjenn

Horology Curious
21/8/15
You really should have your watch fully serviced...disassembled, sonic bath, lubricated with Swiss Eta quality oils, silicone the gaskets prior to reassembling the watch..
Clearly my inexperience leading to this.
But how much such a full service cost?

Yes I like this hobby and I am paying the bill of learning it but if servicing it would cost more than a new one then I should add this to life lessons category!!!

medyjenn

Horology Curious
21/8/15
Ok going for a full service then.
Glad I asked!!!!

Any rep friendly watchsmith in London u guys recommend?