• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars Piguet Tourbillon Concept to be released soon!

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
With a new AP Concept Tourbillon they will have the next reason to raise the price up by 10% ... we will look into 900$ for a rep-Tourbillon that no modder/watchsmith will lay his finger on ... that grab bag is not for me :D

Dr. Theo

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
We should just give up on this. Lets focus on watches that can be repped almost 1:1 instead of watches that will never be repped to an acceptable quality by all of us. We all know its going to be a fail - esp this kind of watch

Davidmose

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/15
I noticed that the gen pictures got sent to the OP (on watchbus) on June 19th via weChat.

010244qlu3no76k43oz5as.png

I can't read Chinese. So wondering if he refer to that June 19th or July 19th as release/QC date on his post?
Hi how are you sir?
I saw you watches and i loved them i can ask where you bought them?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
They made the white one in Quartz though [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Why do they do this? There is no way in the world they can produce anything that will be close to the gen, either mechanically or aesthetically. Yet we have some cracking pieces like the 15400 from JF and TF, Diver, etc. Why not, considering how many of these they have shifted, do they not concentrate on anything like the 15300 / slim RO, White Diver, QE2, etc. They would sell like hot cakes. Rather than the few of these they would sell.

It just does not make sense me. From a rep appreciation viewpoint but also business and making $ too.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Market too small? I don't believe they will sell as many pieces compared to AP Divers and the 15400s.
i rather they focus efforts on fixing existing lines flaws

TheDonSL

28/12/13
I will be shocked if we see this in a Tourbillon like they used in some IWC models seconds at 9, but who knows. I do have faith in the factories and believe that anything is possible, but again, I think the market segment for this piece may not be in alignment with what the factories want to target. Still, I remain optimistic... Oh, and when I say faith, I mean, the factories can pull off anything if they "want to", but will they? If they do, they may make the tourbillon wheel pink and make everyone wait till V17 to get the correct one, but they can certainly do it. hehe

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Don´t set your hopes to high ... we will not see a proper piece in the near future.

Dr. Theo

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
A few quartz versions have come out in SW Asia with fake/frozen/decorative complications and poor hardware. Nothing really worth going after. Concept is a weird ROO: it is a kind of super-Roo, competing with Richard Mille in price and exclusivity and hyper modernity. I hate that rap weasels like Pharell, etc. wear these.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
... we are not talking about the cheap quarz version ... we want to see a real Tourbillon!

Dr. Theo

kamellip

Known Member
24/3/14
Cant wait to see the finished product, and how they make use of all the moving parts. It would certainly be a game changer if done