• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 RG is out

RoseGold

7/7/13
You can't customize AP. They won't allow it. I've tried asking the service center for a glass case back for my Diver and they rejected my request. They won't do it and won't allow any mods to the watch.

Drew01

3/7/12
You can't customize AP. They won't allow it. I've tried asking the service center for a glass case back for my Diver and they rejected my request. They won't do it and won't allow any mods to the watch.

I asked to the AP store in Paris if it was possible to have the SS Diver mods with a carbon fiber case (basically, an all black watch). And they said it was possible with extra €€.
The only thing is that you don't have any warranty on your watch anymore.

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
May I know what's the difference between JF's and TF's version of 15400? I mean both uses the same movement so what sets the two apart?

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
May I know what's the difference between JF's and TF's version of 15400? I mean both uses the same movement so what sets the two apart?

Mate Get the JF version it's really well made. than all previous versions.

Vertu

Uncleeegz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/13

Perhaps it depends on what the change involves. I've asked about putting in a blue dial into my white 15400 and they said that only the black dial could be installed as the blue is only the boutique version. I guess if the desired change doesn't change the actual reference of the watch it's probably ok. In your case a different caseback is technically a different reference. But then again, someone posted that even changing the entire case was possible so who knows.

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13
Perhaps it depends on what the change involves. I've asked about putting in a blue dial into my white 15400 and they said that only the black dial could be installed as the blue is only the boutique version. I guess if the desired change doesn't change the actual reference of the watch it's probably ok. In your case a different caseback is technically a different reference. But then again, someone posted that even changing the entire case was possible so who knows.

The answer gor this matter is really depending on the Dealer.

By the rules, you cant. and they not allowed to.

But some dealer and especially just some autorihezed dealer has been doing this for some times.

They changed mostly Rubberclad bezel to ceramic bezel and changing dial color to sell more money.

They can do what they want since its their stock, they have paid for it.

Ap aware of this and since 2010 try to buy back all of the stock from these dealers.

And try to control the stock and the origanilty of the watch since.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

I asked AP boutique in Geneva about customisation and they said they can pretty much mix and match parts as you want (subject to stock availability). You Just have to pay and there is NO returns/refunds/warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncleeegz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/13

But some dealer and especially just some autorihezed dealer has been doing this for some times.

They changed mostly Rubberclad bezel to ceramic bezel and changing dial color to sell more money.

Ap aware of this and since 2010 try to buy back all of the stock from these dealers.

I suspect you are right and there's no one answer to this. My exchange was with the AP service centre by the way, not a dealer (the only dealer in my area won't touch a watch for anything more complex than a strap change).

kingblu3

Looking Around
19/7/13

Valente is right, Check out this guy's rose gold with ceramic bezel.
isn't it a beauty !

image_zpsi76bvqnk.jpeg

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Just a heads up: nembo is putting up a black dial rose gold AP 15400 with black leather strap up for sales in the neighbouring RG forum. Miyota 82 Movement. Not entire a super accurate rep but the price is unbelievable : usd180!!!! The pics are bloody stunning!!!!

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
Its looks great. The gen is very expensive and not worth at all.

but the weakness of this rep is the weight. Gen is real gold therefore its very heavy

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Yes it is. I have to stop myself from buying it. So please, someone buys it before I can't resist, please

Save your money and buy a JF 15400. I'm one who has bought a shit load of watches from Nembo, some are good value, but when such an amazing rep is out... Be strong, focus and buy the JF.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Save your money and buy a JF 15400. I'm one who has bought a shit load of watches from Nembo, some are good value, but when such an amazing rep is out... Be strong, focus and buy the JF.

I second this. The quality is truly second to none on the JF overall, with the only downside being the dial... which in itself isn't actually all that bad in person.