• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post to Ireland?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Anyone know what is the best courier to use if posting TO Ireland?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
OK for anyone else ordering from this beautiful little country of ours. Watches ordered so far:
1. Used the safe option through the UK Cost $40 received in 22 days
2. Used EMS Cost $25 received in 17 days
3. Used EMS Cost $25 received in 12 days
4. Used DHL Cost $30 got to Ireland in 5 days, however not delivered because of a customs charge of €30.71. I paid it today so hopefully will be delivered tomorrow. I will update with the result.

Summary:
1. Safe is expensive but slow.
2. EMS Moderately expensive moderately fast.
3. DHL very fast but because of the customs charge it ends up very expensive.

EMS seem to use An Post's SDS parcel service once it hits Ireland. So once it is in Ireland it will be received the next day. If not delivered it will be left in your local PO for you.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
4th watch received safe and sound today.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Dealer offered to refund half of the DHL customs charge on next purchase.

Sogeha

Known Member
18/7/15
Anybody know if Customs charges can be avoided by using a North Ireland or English address?

ddmcg2479

11/10/13
Anybody know if Customs charges can be avoided by using a North Ireland or English address?

Possibly mate- I've never had customs charges on any deliveries to the north, apart from 2 tshirts from the states where the seller declared full value ffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sogeha

Known Member
18/7/15
Thank you that's good to know. I'm only five miles from the border, so I'll give a northern address next time.

armedcor

1/2/14
Just received my Aqua terra from watch station today. Was delivered tracked by an post took about 10 days but I got charged €49 euro in customs and processing fees. That was a real stinger.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Just received my Aqua terra from watch station today. Was delivered tracked by an post took about 10 days but I got charged €49 euro in customs and processing fees. That was a real stinger.
Was that via EMS?

armedcor

1/2/14
Yea ems. I did all the dealings through email though so never got a choice of postage.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yea ems. I did all the dealings through email though so never got a choice of postage.

That is really annoying, I was relying on EMS till now as the best bet, I have got hit by DHL but not by EMS so far. It looks like triangular shipping may become the only option :( I got another through no hassle with EMS last week.

armedcor

1/2/14
Yea I mean usually ems never gets me so I'll probably stick with it. DHL always get me.... Like every time!

sonifex123

Looking Around
21/10/15
hi there im a newbie i have read your posts who did you buy from and are they good quality reps

thanks

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
OK for anyone else ordering from this beautiful little country of ours. Watches ordered so far:
1. Used the safe option through the UK Cost $40 received in 22 days
2. Used EMS Cost $25 received in 17 days
3. Used EMS Cost $25 received in 12 days
4. Used DHL Cost $30 got to Ireland in 5 days, however not delivered because of a customs charge of €30.71. I paid it today so hopefully will be delivered tomorrow. I will update with the result.

Summary:
1. Safe is expensive but slow.
2. EMS Moderately expensive moderately fast.
3. DHL very fast but because of the customs charge it ends up very expensive.

EMS seem to use An Post's SDS parcel service once it hits Ireland. So once it is in Ireland it will be received the next day. If not delivered it will be left in your local PO for you.

DHL only charges you for customs if the declared value is over 20USD or so. Some TDs will declare only 10-15 USD to avoid that situation.

I used DHL a couple of times and in both cases it was pretty fast.

USPS from US is quite reliable too and parcels take about 5 days to reach this beautiful little country of us ;-)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
DHL only charges you for customs if the declared value is over 20USD or so. Some TDs will declare only 10-15 USD to avoid that situation.

I used DHL a couple of times and in both cases it was pretty fast.

USPS from US is quite reliable too and parcels take about 5 days to reach this beautiful little country of us ;-)
Thanks for the update [MENTION=100258]TomasDrogas[/MENTION]. Love the axatar

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Anther update. My incoming AP by EMS just got seized today :( Customs looking for proof of purchase etc.

ptw1953

Known Member
23/2/16
That is bad news man. What did you do ro get the watch from customs? I bought a TC V6 with a gen rolex bracelet from a guy on here -cost me some £900 all told, including a customs charge of £18. I was very fortunate to pay just £18 to customs...

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
That is bad news man. What did you do ro get the watch from customs? I bought a TC V6 with a gen rolex bracelet from a guy on here -cost me some £900 all told, including a customs charge of £18. I was very fortunate to pay just £18 to customs...
I got it through €37 charge :( I wrote to them and gave them an estimate of costs which they accepted.