• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with 45mm planet ocean titanium

Cuttlefishpi

Horology Curious
27/11/15
Hi guys

After careful consideration, I decided to purchase the watch from Andrew at Trustytime. Within a day he sent me the QC pics. The watch was fine except for the inscription on the caseback, which had TECHNOLOGIFS instead of TECHNOLOGIES.Is this a considered a major problem or a minor one? Is there something wrong with my watch in particular or with the current batch or is this a problem that all LMPOs(?) face. Is it worth waiting a few more days to see if the problem can be rectified or should I accept the watch as it is.

thanks guys

pres_underwood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/15
238821f3919f1bb8b51449bd96b503a7.jpg

Something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conquerer

27/5/15
It's a flaw that appears on all titanium POs from the BP factory, so it's not a QC issue where you can ask for another watch since they all have it. There's actually 3 errors in the inscription -- the C is cut a little short at the bottom and looks like a crescent moon; what should be an "L" in TECHNOLOGIES is actually a lower case "l" (or capital "I"); and then as you already noticed, what should be an "E" is an "F". So it reads TECHNOlOGIFS, with the strange looking "C" of course.

Honestly, while it is a ridiculous error and a joke that it could get past the makers like that, it's not a huge deal since it's on the back of the watch. I have one myself and while I was really bothered by it before purchasing, I don't really care about it now. If it bothers you, get the V6F version instead which has the proper inscription, although that comes with a Miyota instead of an Asian ETA. Take a moment to think what you want and go with it.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I had one last year but it was too light for its size hence I sold it, yes that is a common flaw for the Ti CrPO version.

Cuttlefishpi

Horology Curious
27/11/15
He had the rubber strap as an option. Also an acquaintance of mine had dealings with him and he proved reliable.