• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How often do you buy watches?

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Reps or gen.

For example, do you keep a "wish list" and work through one every month or so? Or do you have pretty much everything you like and buy whenever you see something new you like? Somewhere in the middle?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Lately. Every day! lol. No really this year has been nuts. Between building and making, 6 to 10 a month.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I follow my wife's menstrual cycle.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Wow, much higher rates than I was expecting! Now I feel less weird about wanting to buy one or two every month. :p

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
On average 1 per month, but with the watch box full, probably going to slow down or sell the least rotated ones

or buy another box...

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
Far too many. Somewhere between 1-5 per month.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Wishwise one every 3 weeks sounds very good to me to fully enjoy them, while always having something in the mail. With the euro devaluation in full progress, reps have become 30% more expensive by exchange rate alone and most gens incl. VAT cost 40% to 50% more than the exact same watch in Conus, so I´m out, respectively down to about 3 - carefully selected, per Year.
Mostly simply enjoying what I have already.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
one per month but flip watches pretty often, constantly improving my collection and getting rid of the weaker reps. Thinking of selling all my reps to grab a gen rolex for xmas. Then after that I think the once per month thing will be out of the window.

unreformed66

Known Member
Supporter
7/11/15
United States, Ohio
I support my watch addiction by buying broken watches to repair and re-sell. I also buy parts when I can. I literally have at least one package a day arrive almost every single day that the mail runs. Today was only one package, but it was an L&R Console Ultrasonic cleaning machine. The UPS man was breathing heavily by the time he got it to the door..lol. I've been looking for that particular model for YEARS and one finally came up for sale! I'm also at the Post Office mailing stuff out several days a week, both things I've sold and repair jobs I've completed. And I work full time at a real job too...;)

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
I literally have at least one package a day arrive almost every single day that the mail runs.

This sounds like the dream in a lot of ways!

When you say you repair broken watches, do you mean gen or replicas?

Legendarysam5

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/10/15
Bought my first 2 reps last month, now I'm ready for my third so..... "keeps refreshing M2M sales..."

barth

5/10/12
Since I started (3 years ago). Average of 2.5 per month I guess.

Envoyé de mon HTC One M8s

Daddyoftoo

Known Member
6/2/15
Started with a box of twelve and filled that too quickly, bought more boxes and gave loads away, so now have just my eight watch box on rotation.
If I see one I like, after researching the hell out of it, will give or sell one and replace with that.
If JF or NOOB release their 1:1 Daytonas and ROCs that Angus is looking into, God help me!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Watch boxes are full.....BUT..if I see a really cool piece, I break down and buy it.. Just got the Zenith Extra Special Pilot with the A2824 engine. Love it!

pippo

10/1/10
Wishwise one every 3 weeks sounds very good to me to fully enjoy them, while always having something in the mail. With the euro devaluation in full progress, reps have become 30% more expensive by exchange rate alone and most gens incl. VAT cost 40% to 50% more than the exact same watch in Conus, so I´m out, respectively down to about 3 - carefully selected, per Year.
Mostly simply enjoying what I have already.

Exactly the same.

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
One rep every third month. Actually having some gens you cant buy average quality pieces. I need the quality of the diver v7, noob fifty fathoms, etc. Owning gens does not stop me from buying reps.