• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2836-2 breakdown

Zneakpeak

Known Member
24/5/15
As the title says my 2836-2 suddenly stopped as it was laying on the table. Is there any guides to a total disassembly for 2836-2?
Is it worth taking it to a ws and spend 1-200€ to fix it or should I forget about this movement?

The movement can be winded, can change the h/m hands, date change works but it just won´t start working.

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
The people forget that an Watch Movement needs also an Service as an Car or any other Machines...
So the Watch Movement is an Mechanical Part so it needs from Time to Time some check up...

If the Movement is an GEN ETA Movement so it makes Sence in my eyes...

People think when they buy an Brand new Sealed ETA that they don't need an Service... They need also an Service!
No one can tell you how long these Movement has laying around...

The Oils and Lubications are now much better then before 20 Years, but because they are use now Synthetic Oil it's no guarantee letter that the Movement will run 20 Years without probs.

There are many Parts that must be seen... There are Friction on Gears etc and these must be checked from Time to Time... Also the Mainspring will loose there Health after an Time...

So spend the Movement the Service ;) or sell it to me...

Champagne iH

4/1/14
Most rep movements seem to have weak main springs and cannon pinion that can be compromised easily. Most of the modders will replace these doing a service to make sure everything is good to go for the next 6-8 years.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!