• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP FC Diver Noob v4 vs JF if the hour hand wasn't the issue question

cpamrep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/14
If I am planning to relume the hour hand of JF so the grey is out of the question. Is JF more superior than Noob V4 or does JF have a lot of flaws even with lumed hour hand? I found out that JF has thicker hands than Noob v4 which is a significant flaw.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking about picking up a FC Diver soon.

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Be careful with this. On the FC's (and Ceramic) AP has an engraved hand that's got a white coating then the lume inlaid into the hand rather than applied underneath like conventional hands. This gives the lume a very bright solid appearance. The rep hands are conventional pierced hands so have to be lumed from the rear. If you use C1 then in daylight it will have a pinkish tinge to it and looks awful. I used a mix of 70:30 C1 and C3 for my H fac Ceramic (the worst hour hand of them all) and it's still not perfect since I cannot get it to exactly match the minute batons but a damn site better than it was (I also shaved the bars to thin them down). You'll also need to do the minute hand since the lume won't match otherwise.

fc6c6cbc3e4cb83b228f77518fb0f8aa.jpg

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
If I am planning to relume the hour hand of JF so the grey is out of the question. Is JF more superior than Noob V4 or does JF have a lot of flaws even with lumed hour hand? I found out that JF has thicker hands than Noob v4 which is a significant flaw.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking about picking up a FC Diver soon.

I believe with the exception of the hour hands, the JF v5 was superior. JF tend to have better crystals, slightly better movements and I did hear that their case had the more gen-like polished FC in comparison to Noob.

I haven't held either in my hands yet though

umaxim

13/6/15
DW better on Noob, Xtal on JF...

,BUT

JF has fixed the grey hour hand problem though...

nimbus88

6/5/13
only the miyota is available on the JF, which can get very noisy with it's whirling rotor specially when we have a carbon case!

I feel that the Noob V4 on an A2824 would be better.

Apcheng

17/8/14
IF only the noob version is still available which it no longer is! At least from PT :helpsmilie:

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Noob V4 out of stock, so you dont have much of a choice/option anyway... ;)

umaxim

13/6/15
There are rumors that Noob is coming out with V5 though - so I'd wait until NY anyway