• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch auction (bankrupt stock) in the UK.

Thatman

2/11/14
Found this site a little while ago when they were appointed to sell off phones 4 U stock when they went under. They sell all sorts, lots of electrical stuff. But every now and then they have watches on, the link below is for an auction that ends Friday. It's worth a look, you may even end up with a bargain! There are fees to be added to the end price so if you do want to buy, watch out for that.

http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/lot_list.asp?saleid=1604&siteid=1

Thatman

2/11/14
I know this post didn't get a lot of love last time around but they've got a great selection of watches in a current auction.

silvershark

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/6/12
Quite like the look of an Omega constellation they have on there for £200. The only thing that is worrying is that they don't have condition reports and no guarantees or warranty!!

livil

20/9/12
Quite like the look of an Omega constellation they have on there for £200. The only thing that is worrying is that they don't have condition reports and no guarantees or warranty!!

they got a watch sale auction on now . loads of rolex, breitling , omegas , couple of panerai . all seems to be second hand .
as you said the sold as seen is a bit scary especially after having read customers review
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnpye.co.uk

all for electrical goods so a bit different from luxury watches , but you are not guaranteed they are working and they wont tell you if they are not .
knowing how much it cost to get a luxury watch fixed it could end up being an expensive affair .
looking at the reviews they really seem like a bunch of hardcore wheeler dealer and they probably wont have a clue if they are gen or not and they probably couldnot care less , mind though they may be held accountable if they sell you a rep , to shaby for me , i ll stay clear of them and keep strolling down new bound street instead . ( i did say strolling , not buying unfortunately ,,,, ok sometimes maybe )

arniesack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/14
I buy other stuff off John Pye Auctions all the time and have had some great bargains. Be careful when buying high ticket items if you do it solely off the internet. They shift all sorts of bankrupt stocks. They are a legit auction house, but won't guarantee anything they sell and some of their luxury watches and dials could be reps, read their terms and conditions. They are in no way dishonest, but do not guarantee the provenance of the goods and usually offer them without a reserve or guarantee. If you are serious about buying one of their watches I would attend a viewing so you can see what it is you're getting. Someone may be getting a brilliant bargain or could be buying a POS. The good news is that the jewellery auctions are the only ones that they will post the goods out to you, everything else you have to collect. If you do pick up a gen bargain, let the forum know, I'm sure we'd be all over it like flies on shit.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
To revive this thread..
There is an auction of watches on now and ends Friday 27th November 2015 http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/auction_details.asp?saleid=2000&siteid=1
Quite a lot of Rollies on there.

I was looking at the 16600 Sea Dwellers. They have several stated as coming with papers with 'A' serial numbers which I believe is 1998 and a boxed with papers D series (2005) here
http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/lot_details.asp?l=1&lotid=1406957&pageno=2
A couple of the them have a small video showing the watch working as well as 3 or 4 still pictures.

I'm rubbish at picking out the tells on a rep watch, even when pointed out on many of the threads on this great site so if anyone wants to look at lots 89, 28 or 23 and offer up opinions it would be great.
http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/lot_details.asp?l=1&lotid=1406896&pageno=1
http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/lot_details.asp?l=1&lotid=1406891&pageno=1 there is no video showing this one working so perhaps best to steer clear.

As stated previously there is no guarantee from John Pye to provenance or authenticity but they are not scammers, they are an auction site for shop returns and bankruptcy. It's buyer beware.
My brother has bought quite a lot from them in the past, furniture and electricals and on the whole has been pretty pleased.

Also for those interested there is a mid size Yachtmaster here http://www.auction-solutions.co.uk/lot_details.asp?l=1&lotid=1406899&pageno=1

G_sus

Renowned Member
9/11/15
Very interesting

Beware the buyers premium if you do purchase!

I personally would be very wary of dropping that kind of money on something completely unseen

At least with eBay you have the option of a paypal dispute!

May well keep an eye on this to see if any super cheapy bargains are abound...

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11
Not sure about buying uncertified luxury watches from here. Looks great if you can afford the risk and repairs if its DOA.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Yep. It's a risk. The SD's all look genuine to me and I guess they must have come from some type of dealer in the first place. There's an awful lot of watches for sale which must add a level of authenticity as they can't all be fakes or bodged originals otherwise the feedback to the auction house would be terrible and they maybe wouldn't ever repeat this type of auction. Having said that I can't believe they will be perfect either.
If you factor in £600 for an official RSC service would they fix up most things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11
Yep. It's a risk. The SD's all look genuine to me and I guess they must have come from some type of dealer in the first place. There's an awful lot of watches for sale which must add a level of authenticity as they can't all be fakes or bodged originals otherwise the feedback to the auction house would be terrible and they maybe wouldn't ever repeat this type of auction. Having said that I can't believe they will be perfect either.
If you factor in £600 for an official RSC service would they fix up most things?

Did you read the TrustPilot reviews? Lots of very unhappy customers, but then there could be lots of happy customers too as we don't tend to write good reviews!! I'd be tempted for one of the SD's but I'll happily wait to buy new or pay the premium and get from a reputable site with 100% no doubt authentication.

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
They are a pretty big company with a lot of auctions. My brother had bought quite a lot of John Lewis furniture and electricals. All returns of course. I think some of the Trust Pilot reviews are from customers with unrealistic expectations when they buy an item which is clearly stated as a shop return and unknown if working and paying only a fraction of the price. And yes you are right. We tend to right bad reviews and not good ones.
A proven 2nd hand SD will cost £4K + so it will be interesting to see what these go for. A £1500 saving might be tempting to me, you can see that the watches are actually working in the videos.