• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400 - Edit: Now Available

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Haven't adjusted the bracelet yet but here's a picture for those who were wondering how big this wears on a 6" wrist.
f43fbef03c3ed7c5e108878dabc43325.jpg

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Do you guys use any special tools to remove the pins in the bracelets? I'm afraid that I could strip the screws using a screw driver like I usually do.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
It's funny how everyone has gone from "wtf is this crap"?! to "actually it's the best 15400 around"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
i just use a small screwdriver kit, nothing fancy because nothing fancy is required. If you break a screw you'd have broken that screw doing anything anyway.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
I believe that double AR is a necessary step for all reps that have AR. Sometimes a pam rep can be pretty good, but after a new AR crystal is installed, the difference is always night and day.

madmex

Known Member
22/8/06
I took my JF 15400 entirely apart. Now I know everything about it. LOL.
There are some very impressive aspects of the construction, but also some places where they took a short-cut, and there is one let-down.
I installed a guru/Domi 2XAR crystal in the end.

Could you please be more specific? I'd like to know about your findings!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Could you please be more specific? I'd like to know about your findings!

Impressive: rotor deco (not glued but real screws there); crystal (colourless AR), movement holder (well-machined), bezel screw system (3 part with retaining nuts, very good screws), the clownish decorative plate, dial finish, lume precision.
Short-cut: rehaut, dial attachment
Let-down (besides weight and heft; and dial tapisserie): date wheel (quality of print, consistency of alignment).
Bonus: crystal replacement very easy, much easier than TF (same 32mm crystal, you can use guru/domi or rnrprof).
You can adjust the dial alignment through the adjustment of the movement tabs, but very difficult to adjust the DW positioning.

watch-geek

24/5/15
Impressive: rotor deco (not glued but real screws there); crystal (colourless AR), movement holder (well-machined), bezel screw system (3 part with retaining nuts, very good screws), the clownish decorative plate, dial finish, lume precision.
Let-down (besides weight and heft; and dial tapisserie): date wheel (quality of print, consistency of alignment).
Bonus: crystal replacement very easy, much easier than TF (same 32mm crystal, you can use guru/domi or rnrprof).
You can adjust the dial alignment through the adjustment of the movement tabs, but very difficult to adjust the DW positioning.

Do you know if the current DW can be swapped with an ETA or Edge DW that is similar to gen fonts? Thanks!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
You're not gonna get any closer to the gen font than that, ETA and edge are different movements so won't align

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
You're not gonna get any closer to the gen font than that, ETA and edge are different movements so won't align

Correct. I fully agree. But we might produce overlavs from a scan of a gen date wheel over time.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
what about lug plots ? look much better than on previous versions. Will it take an oem strap ?

Oaley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Does this makes JF version a super rep category ? or ... ?