• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which edition Is the best for PAM 616

undercoverz

17/9/15
IMHO, JF far excels the other two facs in terms of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
JF
From ALE's post:
Carbotech seems to have less marked "zebra effect" but it still has just TWO tones. Nothing new or improved
CG is not accurate and has not chamfered cornes (very noticeable) , CG lever seems very detached from the case
Lume and bezel markers colours don't seem ecru colour but very white.
Caseback has no production number
No enough info about the pearl

V6F Lite:
From PolonusTM's Review
- ALL is great with exception of bezel being not executed as gen one. Really - all the rest is OK :)
- in real live, to have really so contrasted “stripes†visible on the bezel you need to play with strong, artificial sources of light - both rep and gen. In broad daylight the effect is less apparent.
- the carbon fibre material feels more like ceramic than plastic (as this was the case with i.e. AP FC Diver). Great feel when touched.
- Maybe replica makers will solve problems with bezel manufacturing; in such case I will buy cheap version of it when it becomes reality and swap movements.
- I counted like 3 gen prototypes judging by various photos and they have little differences (besides carbon fibre patterns) so who knows how final gen version will look like :)
- I truly cannot imagine other makers will came up with something of better quality. It is typical KW/V6F replica. They have experience in making PAM 508 first hand. To make perfect bezel replica makers would have to go great lengths to achieve all the effects of a gen. Other than that, they can offer better price and DLC’ed black CG pin ;)

ZF Best
Generally follows the KW/V6F Edition review, except for
1. Bezel markers are not gold colored like on the gen.
2. Lume is blue, not green like the gen.

Forged Carbon
No need to even talk about this watch as the forged carbon material used is completely different (marble pattern instead of wood pattern).

IMHO, JF far excels the other two facs in terms of quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeping statements without stating facts.

undercoverz

17/9/15
You got me on this one. Speaking from a quality perspective, JF's work is usually considered better built than the other two. Maybe though it's not the case when it comes to accuracy in terms of imitation of the original.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
[MENTION=12819]mysterio[/MENTION]:
I agree completely with above mysterio's thoughts and I have few things to add

We have not yet made a definitive comparison review between these four reps, but there are some clear conclusions with the info we have so far

-PAM616 Forged Carbon V6F "Special Edition, as above commented by mysterio, is directly disqualified due to a completely different material with marble pattern instead of wood. Therefore totally inaccurate.

-PAM616 Carbotech JF: no improvements over the KW-V6Fac and ZFac, but the lume and paint colours are clearly inaccurate and the CG is clearly inferior and without chamfered corners. So, no possibilities to be the best version

Therefore we have just to decide between PAM616 Carbotech Lite V6F and PAM616 Carbotech ZF Best
I will do some considerations below:
Paint colours are better in KW-V6Fac
Charged lume colour is inaccurate in ZFac
Seagull movement of KW-V6Fac with BW @6 is more accurate than ZFac decorated A7750 based with BW @11. Many people think that Seagull is more reliable or at least it is as reliable as A7750
KW-V6Fac with Seagull is cheaper and at least not worse

Bearing in mind above commented I think that the best option would be PAM616 Carbotech Lite V6F

That said I should add that the accuracy of these reps is worse than we can think. The really special material of this watch is a decisive feature of this design, and without accurate material there is not at all reason to consider these reps a good quality First Class. Rep material pattern and colours range are really different on reps and rep material is actually prone to “delamination”.

If you are looking for accuracy I cannot advise these reps

ALE

umaxim

13/6/15
I had V6 7750 version and the quality of the case / dial / lume was great... I would go for V6 again.

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Did you check the movement in the JF? the deco plates are not 1 or 2 plates screwed into the movement; they are a part of a single casting that acts as the mounting ring. The movement is one that neither I nor any watchsmith I know has seen or worked on. The only way that I could find to get the movement out of the case was to break the stem. If anyone has taken one apart and has more to add I would love to know. So far I have had all 3 and my leaning is certainly V6. Aside from ALE's comments I would not buy the JF if there is no reasonable way to service it. From what I was told the movement in the JF began with Noob and they gave up on it. JF took it over and looking at it I can see why Noob bailed . Also, the carbon on the edge of the bezel on the JF falls off with just the slightest touch of anything harder than a toothbrush bristle.