• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The perfect 16610

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I actually thought, before Quest found me a Sean case, to make it a winding watch. Just take the auto winding bridge and rotor off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Awesome information guys, as always!
Does anyone of you know if the SA3135 adjusts/sets time/date per R3135 Vs reversed ETA? I know the movement is unreliable, but still would like to know.

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
It does but as you said unreliable
There is no parts for the movement as this is not copy of R3135

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Thanks Mike, so even a full serviced SA3135 isn't a valid cheaper than Y3135 option for say, lower quality Rolex reps?

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Don't even go close to that movement

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Take what Mike saids. He is the most knowledgeable person I know! The movement is not good. Cheap and not worth it.

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
There is no spare parts available, and they even brake during service

When come to Yuki, parts available through me (rep) or gen

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
This is the thread that never stops giving, what a journey!

Ya know, I'm surprised that no one picked up on this:
I am a retired detective from the NYPD. on 9/11/01 I cracked my crystal on my 2000 16110 . . .
I'm positive there is a whole different story there.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
9/11.. Boss you have good attention to details, never caught this.. must be an interesting story.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Not very interesting. I was a detective at the time. I wasn't there when the buildings came down. I was lucky and on my day off. When they came down, I got beeped to respond the my Pct. Then we jumped in a van to go down to the WTC. We kept hearing the Hi and Low alarms coming from the pile and we knew that people were down there. We started to do what is now called the bucket brigade. Home depot had given the ton of the orange homer buckets and those types of buckets. We started to form lines up the piles and fill the buckets and pass them down and the other side would bring them back up. We didn't have heavy machines in there yet. So after working, God knows how many hours, I looked at my Sub and the crystal was chipped right over the 1 and 2 o'clock spot and small crack. Next day I called up the rolex dealer I got the watch at and the sale man told me not to worry about it and to bring it to them. I did. They charged me a ton to fix it. It was over $300 dollars. So I have a good story. It isn't as heroic as the guys who saved people that day or were there when the towers came down. I lost a dear friend and Scuba buddy, Jerome Domengez that day. He too has a submariner. It was older though from the 80's. So that is it. The amazing thing is I believe that this is my 1000th post on this great forum. I love it here! This hobby has taken up my life and I enjoy every moment of it. I am going to learn how to build and repair these watches. I have started already and can build them when they are in pieces. I want to learn how to fix and repair now and to service.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
So I came home from Florida today. I have been dealing with a family member with the final stages of cancer and I had to take my daughter down there to say her goodbyes.

So I get home and the Full gen LV bezel and assembly is here. So I take off the Star time one with the Gen bezel insert all the way to the crystal ring. So the Gen one is all together in one unit with the crystal ring and click spring. So I rotate it, and anyone who knows what a Gen bezel sounds like, I was just so relieved. So many people are rip offs. This guy had great feedback and he was local in NY so I would have gone down there and flipped. LOL.

I installed it and my God is it beautiful. Only thing is that the LV dial is put in with dial dots and I moved it a little when I took the movement out to pressure test the case, which by the way, passed with flying colors. I NEED A GEN LV DIAL!!!!!! If anyone knows anyone who has one. So here is LV list now.

TC 16610LV Type 1 case and dial.
Gen crown stem and tube thanks Mike
Yuki 3135 with rolex parts done by Mike (Misiekped)
I put a real rolex winding bridge and auto winding gears and bridge and rotor.
Rolex 93250 SEL bracelet.
Rolex LV bezel assembly, crystal ring, click spring, friction disk, LV bezel insert.
Brand new Rolex crystal with LEC and AR
Brand new Rolex date wheel.
Brand new Rolex LV hands

I know I have listed most of this stuff already but man am I proud of this watch. If I could just get an LV dailHere is a pic. I am fixing the dial tomorrow. Way to tired right now with the drive from Miami to St. Petersburg then fly to NY and do all this stuff. I might mess up my watch and really don't want to. Enjoy the pic.

IMG_7355.jpeg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Oh that dust is outside. LOL

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Looks great Robby !

(PS sorry to hear about your family troubles :( )

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks Dave. It sucks. But at least I have my watches to take my mind off of it.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thanks Dave. It sucks. But at least I have my watches to take my mind off of it.

Yeah, its funny how these little machines can give us comfort (and frustration too !)
Hang in there buddy !

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Damn Rob you was in my neck of the woods.....Miami. Wish we could have hooked up. Condolences to you and the family. And that LV is is gorgeous.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Looks stunning Rob, you really need a gen dial though to get rid of the bad Datedisc placing. The TC/ETA dials have different placed date windows compared to gen. That's why it looks a tad left justified on the pic. Gen dial will be the bomb on this.

Contact me, I might be able to find you one or else I'll forget about it lol.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I am looking for one. I just spoke to someone here who might have one. I'll PM you now.