• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Hi all, my first rep came in the mail today. Got it from a non- TD (which i had found this place sooner) Anw here are some pics. Im not sure if i should keep it or sell it. Its a 114060 with a swiss eta movement. (probably overpaid..sigh) Feel free to leave comments or advise on if i should keep it or not. Cheers.

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Haha I would have had I not found this place. Haha after looking at everything here, the pearl is a bit off center and the dial is wrong. Plus the supposed "super lume" isn't bright at all.. I feel like I wasted 200 pounds just cause it was a "Swiss eta". I must admit that I'm quite disappointed

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Haha I would have had I not found this place. Haha after looking at everything here, the pearl is a bit off center and the dial is wrong. Plus the supposed "super lume" isn't bright at all.. I feel like I wasted 200 pounds just cause it was a "Swiss eta". I must admit that I'm quite disappointed

Well that's too bad...but if it makes you feel better you can always get the insert replaced and the dial relumed.

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Yeah haha. Might do some mods I guess. Now I gotta find someone in the uk who can help me

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
I hate to be a downer- but the chance of finding a new Swiss ETA in that watch is quite low.

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
I hate to be a downer- but the chance of finding a new Swiss ETA in that watch is quite low.

Well I sent them a long email about the product and they assured me that there was a Swiss eta 2836 in there. It's a shame that I can't return it because the plastic is off. They actually had a return policy.. Oh well I'll just wear it as a reminder NOT TO BE SO DUMB NEXT TIME

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Anw thanks for the Input so far. I will do a bezel replacement and save up for a gen dial :) I'll try to post updates for anyone interested

D

d4m.test

Don't be too hard on yourself; it's not being dumb; it's being INEXPERIENCED, something a lot of us would admit to. For example, check my wristies for this week for Monday and today -- my first and second reps. You learn by experience. Had I known better from being an RWI member, these costly errors and aggrevations would have never occurred. Plus, as Cybee asked: Do you like your watch? If you do, wear it proudly; if not, as you've said, you can always get it modded. WELCOME to RWI and to the Club.

dave

Well I sent them a long email about the product and they assured me that there was a Swiss eta 2836 in there. It's a shame that I can't return it because the plastic is off. They actually had a return policy.. Oh well I'll just wear it as a reminder NOT TO BE SO DUMB NEXT TIME

sunny301

4/8/15
are you sure the movement is what they claim it to be? could you take pic of the movement?

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Don't feel too bad about it man. At least you got a watch. I'd like to show you the first rep I ever bought, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive - since September 2011. [emoji16]

Come for the watches, stay for the drama! [emoji12]

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
Welcome to the Club. At least your here and can learn more as there is plenty of knowledgable members here so just dig in and learn. As for the watch just enjoy wearing it, but I too would be curious on the movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Thanks guys. One member suggested using industrial tape to open the case back but it wouldn't budge. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't have the necessary tools. If I can get it open I'll post a pic of the movement!

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
A lint roller works extremely well for me

Zulu44gmt

3/7/15
b8c28828aeeae9f3fedfa630c85e54ff.jpg

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Welcome to the Club. At least your here and can learn more as there is plenty of knowledgable members here so just dig in and learn. As for the watch just enjoy wearing it, but I too would be curious on the movement.

sorry for the delay, here's the pic. I don't feel good about this

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
well its not a swiss ETA,
its a seagull clone, but that aint too shabby
one of the better clones