• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a nice Rolex Rep

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Hope I dont get flamed for this, but can someone tell me, other than the movement, what are the main differences between this and the more expensive V2 noob in terms of appearance

Main aesthetic difference is that the v2 Noob Ceramic SD has the correct (thin) hour hand. V1 has incorrect FAT hour hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Main aesthetic difference is that the v2 Noob Ceramic SD has the correct (thin) hour hand. V1 has incorrect FAT hour hand.

Appreciate it mate, I think I'll go for the cheaper one as $200 extra is not worth it for just a thin hour hand

vdvoort

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/15
How about this for $138???!!!!
Just got 3 for my friends and wearing one since yesterday evening, good quality over all and for sure best go for the money..

Sent from my S6 Edge+

Looks nice, is this from a TD?

EDIT: Excuse me, already found the answer:blush:

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Like I said it is a very good deal for someone that does not want to spent a big amount "on a rep" and for me worked just fine since I wanted to "feel" the size of the 116600. Still feels small and cannot really see the effect of the bigger case on my wrist, feel a like the Sub-C or even tinier.. I will post maybe tomorrow some pics and a small review for people to have a good taste of it. For $138 is is as descent as it gets though

Sent from my S6 Edge+

vdvoort

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/15
Like I said it is a very good deal for someone that does not want to spent a big amount "on a rep" and for me worked just fine since I wanted to "feel" the size of the 116600. Still feels small and cannot really see the effect of the bigger case on my wrist, feel a like the Sub-C or even tinier.. I will post maybe tomorrow some pics and a small review for people to have a good taste of it. For $138 is is as descent as it gets though

Sent from my S6 Edge+

If you will do that, that would be great!

It's only a pitty that the shipping to my country costs 60$...:sad:

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Well you will pay 138+60 minus 10% if you send via WU so total will be $178.2

Sent from my S6 Edge+

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12

Great, looking forward to the review ;)

D

d4m.test

Appreciate it mate, I think I'll go for the cheaper one as $200 extra is not worth it for just a thin hour hand
Hi, the $200 difference will give You much more than another hand, visually and mechanically. Just to clarify on some misconceptions:
Main difference Nr. 1 (+$100) will be the smooth-seconds hand Asian ETA 28.800 bph highbeat movement vs. the somewhat rude and loud (but reliable) lowbeat 21j (21.600 bph) that stutters a bit more. Dial feet and all 3 hands will be different/not compatible between the movements;
Main visual difference: the bezel insert will have deeper recessed numbers and silvery, sparkling paint on it instead of plain white; unlike the thinner hand and better LEC crown at six this is an instant give-away from 3 mtrs distance;

Toro´s offering is still a lot of bang for the buck, specially if You just want any watch to beat around or want to try out the general look. The expensive one will give a completely different quality feel as well on the wrist and have the smooth gliding seconds hand while the other, well it also moves. Below, not a SD but the insert difference will be the same.
IMG_6789c_zpskq2jlxum.jpg

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I am on mobile so maybe this is the reason.. Thank you

Sent from my S6 Edge+

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Hi, the $200 difference will give You much more than another hand, visually and mechanically. Just to clarify on some misconceptions:
Main difference Nr. 1 (+$100) will be the smooth-seconds hand Asian ETA 28.800 bph highbeat movement vs. the somewhat rude and loud (but reliable) lowbeat 21j (21.600 bph) that stutters a bit more. Dial feet and all 3 hands will be different/not compatible between the movements;
Main visual difference: the bezel insert will have deeper recessed numbers and silvery, sparkling paint on it instead of plain white; unlike the thinner hand and better LEC crown at six this is an instant give-away from 3 mtrs distance;

Toro´s offering is still a lot of bang for the buck, specially if You just want any watch to beat around or want to try out the general look. The expensive one will give a completely different quality feel as well on the wrist and have the smooth gliding seconds hand while the other, well it also moves. Below, not a SD but the insert difference will be the same.
IMG_6789c_zpskq2jlxum.jpg

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive explanation, I really appreciate it. This will be my first foray into Rolex, and I will definitely be taking everything that you mentioned into consideration. The keyword from what you mentioned that is really important to me is the quality feel, and that to me is worth $200 extra. Again, thanks man, much appreciated