• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received KW 605

JMMC

30/11/14
Leaving aside GENs and rep movements installed...
Had anyone the chance to see "life" both versions KW and ZF to compare wich one has the best replicated sunburst dial effects ?
Sunburst effects, are quite susceptible (when taking pictures) of being increased or decreased depending on light conditions. So pics can be tricky.
Nothing like a "naked eye experience" compare ;-)
I readed the entire thread and still have doubts.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/199844-NEW-(gen)-PAM605-372-with-GREY-dial!
Thanks in advance.

Haggy

Horology Curious
18/4/14
Sorry for the quality of the photo(made by phone). It's a summer version. Now waiting for a winter strap and buckle :)
Today received a parcel from the post. Actually, 2 parcels: the strap and the buckle. It's winter version of KW605 "clothing" :D
267912.jpeg

267911.jpeg

267910.jpeg

P.S. The strap is from that tread:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/263502-Found-a-great-strap-on-Ebay
P.S.S. Sorry for a pic quality - made by phone!

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
Leaving aside GENs and rep movements installed...
Had anyone the chance to see "life" both versions KW and ZF to compare wich one has the best replicated sunburst dial effects ?
Sunburst effects, are quite susceptible (when taking pictures) of being increased or decreased depending on light conditions. So pics can be tricky.
Nothing like a "naked eye experience" compare ;-)
I readed the entire thread and still have doubts.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/199844-NEW-(gen)-PAM605-372-with-GREY-dial!
Thanks in advance.

Yes I have see both in real life side by side. Pics make it look closer than it really is. For one the color of the dial and the strap is totally different. The brushed effect on the gen dial is completely different to rep. By itself the rep looks great. But it's not an accurate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMMC

30/11/14
Yes I have see both in real life side by side. Pics make it look closer than it really is. For one the color of the dial and the strap is totally different. The brushed effect on the gen dial is completely different to rep. By itself the rep looks great. But it's not an accurate one.

Yeah ... We ALL know GEN is the best by far.
Question still open,wich one ot the reps, ZF or KW, has the best sunburst effects?

JMMC

30/11/14
That one would be the definitive comparision. Sunbusrt effects, yellowish dial printings not matching lume....
Looking forward that review, thanks in advance !.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
okay received the ZF 605 and have to say i prefer this over the KW/V6 version...having said that ive never seen a gen in the flesh but seeing the gen v kw/v6 review i would say the ZF is much closer.

ill do a proper review shortly but in the meantime here are afew quick pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks [MENTION=54862]pretender[/MENTION]

This is an useful comparison, waiting for your final review

Dial surface colour, engravings colour and movement are clearly superior in ZFac.
Sunburst effect seems similar in both versions
It would be interesting to get a pic of ZFac dial showing the depth and contours of sandwich cutouts, in order to compare with KW and gen
It would be also interesting to get a comparison of depth of engravings LUMINOR PANERAI and FIRENZE

Thanks in advance
ALE

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
WOW, thx for that review.

I am glad I waited and spent the extra $$ to get the ZF version ... dial looks closer to gen.

Dr. Theo

JMMC

30/11/14
@pretender thanks so much for the comparision.

Between KW and ZF looks like ZF is the winner this time.