• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received KW 605

onlytheone

8/4/10
I have had mine for quite some time and love it. It may not be a perfect reps but honestly I don't care. It is beautiful in its own right.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
The dials are nowhere near the gen. I had the kW version and the brushed effect on the gen sunburst is almost impossible to see. The gen is very prominent

Haggy

Horology Curious
18/4/14
Just received my new 605. I love it, I know better ones are coming out but I still love it.

Now I need to get some 26mm straps.
Had a same problem. Finally, sent the watch to my favorite strapmaster. As a result - waiting a blue-gray ostrich strap now :D
Come to the conclusion, that the best will be texture straps - croco, elephant, ostrich, shark. Plain calfs do not look to the 605, imo.

onlytheone

8/4/10
Had a same problem. Finally, sent the watch to my favorite strapmaster. As a result - waiting a blue-gray ostrich strap now :D
Come to the conclusion, that the best will be texture straps - croco, elephant, ostrich, shark. Plain calfs do not look to the 605, imo.

Please share pictures when you receive it. Would love to see how it looks.

cal8500

Known Member
28/11/14
The dials are nowhere near the gen. I had the kW version and the brushed effect on the gen sunburst is almost impossible to see. The gen is very prominent

Have you ever seen the Gen in realitiy?

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
f0e182a6dd70ce27d459b9e334133dbd.jpg

The brushed effect is so nice on the gen

onlytheone

8/4/10
f0e182a6dd70ce27d459b9e334133dbd.jpg

Gen is a beauty and I agree, all current versions are not in the ballpark. However I think I look sexy with my 605 [emoji3]

cal8500

Known Member
28/11/14

I know. But I always know, that pictures sometimes more detailed, than reality. Therefore my question, if you've seen it in reality.

However I think I look sexy with my 605

We need a demonstration ;o)

onlytheone

8/4/10
We need a demonstration ;o)[/QUOTE]

Not sure you guys can handle this! [emoji12]

chimera87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/15
Sorry for the quality of the photo(made by phone). It's a summer version. Now waiting for a winter strap and buckle :)
267004.jpeg

267005.jpeg

267006.jpeg
Thats one hell of a Strap on 605...
Wear it in gud health mate...
Ladies might sneak up behind you to catch a glimpse of tht...
[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

JMMC

30/11/14
That sunburst dial effect is somehow magic!. really good for a Rep. If a blue strap is added it seems to radiate blueish tones. Same happens with grey strap, black.... dial seems to change color tone ,just magic. I like it.
+1

onlytheone

8/4/10
That sunburst dial effect is somehow magic!. really good for a Rep. If a blue strap is added it seems to radiate blueish tones. Same happens with grey strap, black.... dial seems to change color tone ,just magic. I like it.
+1

I never noticed that.

ryantunna

I'm Pretty Popular
8/7/14
+1

You should see the gen in comparison. Now THAT dial is magic [emoji108][emoji108] I was so impressed until I held it side by side. I should have never done it. Sold it the next day

JMMC

30/11/14
You should see the gen in comparison. Now THAT dial is magic [emoji108][emoji108] I was so impressed until I held it side by side. I should have never done it. Sold it the next day

I know, I know, GEN should be impresive, no doubt. Once said that...
I´m still impressed by the sunburst effect achieved in a rep for a litlte +200$, its like just by changing the color of the strap you change the color of the dial too, nice feature.
It's definitely a chameleon :)

onlytheone

8/4/10
I know, I know, GEN should be impresive, no doubt. Once said that...
I´m still impressed by the sunburst effect achieved in a rep for a litlte +200$, its like just by changing the color of the strap you change the color of the dial too, nice feature.

I was lucky, got mine during moon festival...TD had an incredible sale.

JMMC

30/11/14
The poor decorated 6497 movement, is the weak point of this rep.
Previous version soon on sale I guess, because, since a few daya ago, we now have a ZF version with P3000 superclone, not perfect, but much better and lots of PR!
A step forward, indeed.

http://www.puretime.watch/product/pam605-q-zf-luminer-1950-3-days-firenze-limited-edition-on-gray-asso-strap-p3000-super-clone/

http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_46&products_id=14053

However , if you do not mind what´s at the back side of the watch, the older KW 6467 version is still a good deal for only 218$

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
I in fact prefer the KW 6497. It's the most reliable, stable, and easy to replace movement there is. I relish the piece of mind. Maybe part of why I have 25+ handwind PAM models.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk