• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Snowflake Sub Franken Repairs

squiresurf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/15
Hi , im very new here , despite owning this Tudor Sub for a year or so . I have had Alex at Uk watch services service the watch a few times , it has a Tudor movement but not the greatest case etc :( problem is i dropped it recently & it seems the second hand has moved & is stopping the watch moving :( i cannot get hold of Alex & believe he has stopped working on watches . Question is are there any other good UK based repairers for me ? Or anyone worldwide that can help repair & maybe modify to be a better rep ? Or should i just sell/trade for spares ? I will add pics later when i get home .
Thanks in advance for any help :)
john
http://[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/30axrba.jpg[/IMG]
24gr8fo.jpg

3469jdi.jpg

5xpni8.jpg

15dph02.jpg

4fzldz.jpg

212e491.jpg

xfrb80.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
There are a few really good guys in Europe. I highly recommend Zocker. He's a true master. Others in EU are Domi and RA if your piece is a vintage.
Those are the three guys I'd send it to if I were you. ;)

squiresurf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/3/15
Thanks mate .. be great if any of you guys with a lot more knowledge of these could suggest what i should do with this ? the crown guards are more pointed than a Tudor subs :(

kmac

2/2/09
Good names above. Contact domi and see if he can do your crown guards while servicing your movement. Do you have any more information on the build?

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
This appears to be the classic vietnam case (I recall the 737XXX serial) and it looks like they sourced a tudor 2484 (or variant) into the case.

Sorry to hear about your problems - but seems like easy fix regarding the seconds hand.

The crystal needs to be replaced as it doesnt line up to the date window. The Dial itself is not bad (has the flat "s" in submariner which was common for the snowflake). The other thing to add is the crown should be replaced.

D

d4m.test

Hi, modders have been mentioned, You also have watch guy in the Uk (has a website).
If You´re just a little bit handy with:
- opening caseback
- releasing stem
- loosening movement tabs
You will have access to the seconds hand which most probably just needs a tiny bit of bending/ pressure first at the center than most probably at the end tip to move freely again;
There are several walkthroughs and pictorials on rwi, for instance from Bonesey.