• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tachy ring - dial misalignment at JF 44mm

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
Thank you! I will keep my humor. Was a little bit stressed while writing my first message. Had an important appointment and my plane was late..
Anyhow, thank you all for your effort and I will keep you updated here!
:bestbook:
Cheers
Tim

Hope all goes well mate ;-) It sounds like it was an easy fix. ;-D

ossi

30/4/15
Yeah! Thanks for the wishes! :)
I am glad that you guys think, it is an easier fix than expected!

I will get the watch soon and will directly give it to my watch smith. Let's see!
Btw. if someone of you guys have a working date wheel from noob (or similar more gen like) let me know!

Best Regards
Tim

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Yeah! Thanks for the wishes! :)
I am glad that you guys think, it is an easier fix than expected!

I will get the watch soon and will directly give it to my watch smith. Let's see!
Btw. if someone of you guys have a working date wheel from noob (or similar more gen like) let me know!

Best Regards
Tim

A gen ETA DW is the best option at the moment if you like the old style date front. But AP also use the new style DW's for the 44mm AP's

Sent from my iPhone 6

ossi

30/4/15
A gen ETA DW is the best option at the moment if you like the old style date front. But AP also use the new style DW's for the 44mm AP's

Sent from my iPhone 6
I only know the old style. Does the JF look like the new style?
And does the Swiss eta fit a rep 7750?

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The Swiss ETA DW fit at a A7750 and the JF DW looks like the new style DW from AP. So it's not necessary to change the DW at the FC44 AP

Sent from my iPhone 6

ossi

30/4/15
Ok that are awesome news. So what would you guys do to make this beauty more gen like? Cyclops for the date must be bigger, right? And what about double AR? Is it just a rep thing or do the gens also have double AR?

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Ok that are awesome news. So what would you guys do to make this beauty more gen like? Cyclops for the date must be bigger, right? And what about double AR? Is it just a rep thing or do the gens also have double AR?

In my opinion, double AR is a must, you won't be able to stop looking at your watch! I believe the gens are only single-sided but their AR is definitely better than the factory, so double AR will get you closer to gen (albeit your crystal will likely be even clearer than gen :D )

A lot of people like to sink the bezel screw a bit too, this can normally be done by just tightening the bezel's inner-screws. Although I have heard of people requiring thinner gaskets to achieve this. you can find them here (.40 x 1.8 x 2.6 is the one you're looking for I believe) http://www.ofrei.com/page_105.html

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Yes it does

(Aber pass auf, der Verkäufer bei eBay verlangt teilweise unverschämt hohe Versandkosten für so kleine Teile wie zum Beispiel DW's. Ich hab bei dem auch schon öfter bestellt und teilweise 9€ Versand gezahlt für einen Umschlag der tatsächlich 3,80€ gekostet hat. Wobei der Versand bei der von dir verlinkten Auktion ok zu seine scheint)

Sent from my iPad Air 2

ossi

30/4/15
Ok thanks. Payed 5$ Shipping from France. So it should be ok!