• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sapphire vs mineral glass

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
You know the guy that posted that is/was one of our modders here !

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
No I did not know that, though the name sounded like one of guys who does re luming. A couple of very good videos by him including one of dismantling a PAM. So did you try a drop of water on the crystal with success ?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
No I did not know that, though the name sounded like one of guys who does re luming. A couple of very good videos by him including one of dismantling a PAM. So did you try a drop of water on the crystal with success ?

Yeah thats him !

And yes i have tried that and got similar results

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Me too. Thanks for sharing a very straightforward but accurate test and agree should be a sticky.

mns2015

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/3/15
Hello Shai,
I am trying to decide on a rep Submariner and yours looks great. Would you mind sharing what model it is and where it came from? I would appreciate it.
Michael

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
Hello Shai,
I am trying to decide on a rep Submariner and yours looks great. Would you mind sharing what model it is and where it came from? I would appreciate it.
Michael

Mate sorry to disappoint. Thats not my watch, though I wish it was :laugh:. This is just a video I saw online and wanted to share. I would suggest posting on the rolex section. No dearth of experienced members to help you out. Best of luck

mns2015

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/3/15
Ok ... thanks for the information Shai.

collector00

5/8/15
HI buddy...
i gotten myself IWC from hontwatch which claims to b sapphire.. bought it at usd $224... from some xf factory...
received the watch and did the test, the pitch is high unless through sapphire watches that i have..

so.. any chance for sapphire to be high pitch?

shai

Known Member
15/9/15
Well the sound test can be deceptive. Thick watches like a diver makes a more muted sound than a thinner one like IWC. Try the water drop but make sure you place the drop not splash it. I have found that if you drop it from too far it will spread on both sapphire and mineral. Hontwatch has a good rep so it is unlikely that the dome is mineral on your IWC