• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Advice

D

d4m.test

Hi, You´re looking absolutely in the right direction, factory and model-wise from a very good seller. My guess is 90% would go with the black edition as the best one and first - consider it seriously, than choose what You like. Happy fishing:)

BSCS

11/11/14
Can anyone please recommend which version of submariner should i get in price range 300-400$ Any suggestions?
smile.png
I was looking at these :

If you want a good ceramic Sub, I'd say get a Noob Sub 114060 V2, the no date version of the 116610. That way you can avoid any possible flaws in the dw and cyclops. The blue ceramic is hard to pull off. I'd stay away from that one too. Have you seen how much a gen of those costs?

Now if you want the best off the box Rolex rep, get the TC Sub V6.

surgcmdr

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/11/11
No ob sub

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

demolitionman

7/2/14
If you want a good ceramic Sub, I'd say get a Noob Sub 114060 V2, the no date version of the 116610. That way you can avoid any possible flaws in the dw and cyclops. The blue ceramic is hard to pull off. I'd stay away from that one too. Have you seen how much a gen of those costs?

Now if you want the best off the box Rolex rep, get the TC Sub V6.

Good advice on the no date...

http://www.intime.co/1939-submariner-114060-ln-black-ceramic-v2-1-1-noob-best-edition-a2836.html

BSCS

11/11/14
Really? That many problems with the date version?

You can be lucky and get a good one but it's a hit or miss. The problems you can have are: 1) misaligned/crooked cyclops, 2) misaligned date wheel, 3) bad date wheel print, 4) wrong cyclops magnification. If you get a no date Sub C, you're already eliminating these 4 possible possible flaws. Of course you'll have the qc pictures of the watch to make your judgement, so it's up to you.

Personally, I really like the simple clean Submariner with no date. For me it's a no brainer. Win win for sure... ;) Hope I could help with my humble opinion!

MariuszMiglanc

29/9/15
You can be lucky and get a good one but it's a hit or miss. The problems you can have are: 1) misaligned/crooked cyclops, 2) misaligned date wheel, 3) bad date wheel print, 4) wrong cyclops magnification. If you get a no date Sub C, you're already eliminating these 4 possible possible flaws. Of course you'll have the qc pictures of the watch to make your judgement, so it's up to you.

Personally, I really like the simple clean Submariner with no date. For me it's a no brainer. Win win for sure... ;) Hope I could help with my humble opinion!
This one was very helpful! Especially because i dont have a big knowledge about these rolex reps