• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gold color replicas

ndpm

Known Member
14/9/15
I love gold color watches but with replicas I heard that is not the best choice because they don't last much and a simple scratch mess up the watch.

Even good quality replicas have these problem? What are your experience with gold watches?

turpissima

23/12/13
I never had a single problem with gold plated replicas. No gold fading in any way after years of use. You just have to take more care of it than a stainless steel rep. Always clean it with a damp cloth after wearing. Of course I'm speaking of higher end replicas, plating on cheaper models may be inferior.

stevek16

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/09
El Poblado
When you say higher end what are you referring to. I bought a rose gold noob hublot and am curious about durability. I don' wear it much because I amid worried about the finish.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
If you scratch the gold, the stainless underneath may show, and that's bad. If you take care of it and don't hit your wrist often, you should be fine.

One of my rules is to not wear gold Daytona whilst drinking! That guarantees a ruined rep.

Meechyy

Known Member
17/1/13
When you say higher end what are you referring to. I bought a rose gold noob hublot and am curious about durability. I don' wear it much because I amid worried about the finish.

Higher end may be something like a franken rep. Which is a rep with genuine parts. For example, I have a gold Rolex Day-Date president with a genuine Rolex dial etc and a custom made 18k finish Rolex bracelet and case that pretty much pass as genuine Rolex parts. It's a very expensive rep that I take good care of. I always give it a quick wipe down with a cloth after every use. So far I see no signs of fading what so ever. It's all about taking care of your watch. :punk: