• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue with movement (ST2555)

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
A really annoying issue. The watch is merely a few months old. :cryingbadly:
The hour hand is off sync. Got any ideas on how I can fix it? Or do I have to go to a watchmaker?

Will shortly post pic.

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
7952dec4ccd4b7dd73dad429c0a97bd8.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G900F

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
That sucks mate!

It happened often on my builds :blush:

The more professional way would be to remove hands and install them properly, but it's not easy to get a perfect alignment due to the lack of a clear marker at 12 for the minute hand.
Usually I set the hour hand to 12 via the crown then carefully move the minute hand with a toothpick until it's in place correctly. I would try it without removing the hands, but better to use a dial protector before you try ;)

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
That sucks mate!

It happened often on my builds :blush:

The more professional way would be to remove hands and install them properly, but it's not easy to get a perfect alignment due to the lack of a clear marker at 12 for the minute hand.
Usually I set the hour hand to 12 via the crown then carefully move the minute hand with a toothpick until it's in place correctly. I would try it without removing the hands, but better to use a dial protector before you try ;)

Thank you kilowattore,
Very helpfull of you, but I suspect it might be a little bit advanced for a beginner like me, ;) But I will certainly look into it.
After you fixed yours, did the problem reoccur after some time or was it permanently ok?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thank you kilowattore,
Very helpfull of you, but I suspect it might be a little bit advanced for a beginner like me, ;) But I will certainly look into it.
After you fixed yours, did the problem reoccur after some time or was it permanently ok?

It's an easy fix for a watchmaker and unless the hand's tube is damaged it should be permanent.

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
It's an easy fix for a watchmaker and unless the hand's tube is damaged it should be permanent.

Ok... sounds promising then. I was just a bit worried that this problem is something that gradually set the hour hand off sync (due to a malfunction within the movement) thus correcting the hand will only temporarily fix it.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ok... sounds promising then. I was just a bit worried that this problem is something that gradually set the hour hand off sync (due to a malfunction within the movement) thus correcting the hand will only temporarily fix it.

Well... if your hour hand was set correctly when you received the.watch, there are a few causes that can make it slip. The most optimistic is the hand was not pressed correctly and gradually slipped to its current position.
The most pessimistic is something's wrong with the hour wheel, I'm not sure about it, but the effect should be more evident in that case (e.g. a broken tooth on the hour wheel would make it slip multiple times a day).
Anyway, the only way to know for sure is to open the watch. Good luck :)

SOKN

Known Member
15/7/15
Thanks! :)
Yes, the hour hand was correct upon arrival. Double checked the QC-pics as well. :)