• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your watch, ladies like the most?

ProFound

17/8/14
Women will notice the Rolex Datejusts and Day-Dates because those are the models that they want for themselves. Those watches are all the rage in fashion circles these days...

WolfieWST

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Sweden
Women will notice the Rolex Datejusts and Day-Dates because those are the models that they want for themselves. Those watches are all the rage in fashion circles these days...

You are absolutely right about that, but I would say the Daytona is a favorite one too!

Gavins

Renowned Member
25/9/13
In my experience women, in general, don't know much about watches or the various high end brands unless it is Rolex or Tag. So they will also not be aware if it is a rep or gen (providing it's a reasonable quality rep).

In the case of my other half she opted for a gen £500 quartz powered Gucci watch (incidentally a very nice piece) even though I said she could spend up to £2000. Cunningly she opted for the aforementioned watch plus a Mulberry Bayswater handbag (£600), Mulberry purse (£200) plus shoes and clothes etc. to use up the £2000 budget. Now that's what I call smart.

Interestingly, Probably like a lot of guys' partners on RWI she doesn't really care if my watches are reps or not. However, she does notice if I am wearing a watch she has not seen before and questions me on it (she detests gold watches and jewellery so I don't buy that kind of thing). Once I reassure her it is just a rep and have not outlayed thousands of pounds she is happier. Lol. Interesting indeed.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
I recently had knee surgery so I have been going to physical therapy often. My therapist wears a gen DJ, similar to my gen and she loves my watches. These are the ones she has commented on

WolfieWST

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Sweden
I recently had knee surgery so I have been going to physical therapy often. My therapist wears a gen DJ, similar to my gen and she loves my watches. These are the ones she has commented on

Beautiful collection Joey :drool:

What are the specs on the YM? Is it a franken?

umblackbear359

28/4/15
I met up with my gf and a group of her friends and, low and behold, she had my Pam 441 on. It looked huge on her, but def a sexy statement. If I didnt know her, and saw some random attractive girl rocking a ceramic 1950 luminor, I'd be like daaamn. If you check my signaturw, you'll see the options she had to choose from in my box. It has a Gen croc on it too.

She's really holding out for a tank anglaise with gold mid links from me but I won't let her (or myself) buy from a non-td. I may have to settle for a ballon blue

ProFound

17/8/14
Yeah my fiancé's watch of choice is her ladies sized Ballon Bleu (Cartier).

mrARG2010

Horology Curious
12/5/11
Well a bit of advice on woman - good ones won't care one bit bout your watch choice. And even if you are after the bad ones (lord knows I've been there), trying to shape yourself to what they are looking for is usually a formula for failure.

All that said, gold usually does the trick. A TT blue sub is probably the most likely to get you compliment from a female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umblackbear359

28/4/15
I'm a big fan of taking off my rolex for a one night stand, "forgetting" it behind, then calling back 2 minutes later to get it. Good way to get a second rendevue :)

peterpl

24/7/11
Only watch a lady has ever complimented me on is my Panerai 312. Other watches they dont care. Panerai they love for some reason.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
9ca2e7a704a4d2a5f4943079b0c1f079.jpg
i wore this for like a week and everybody had something to say about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
My wife has a few she comments on most often
PAM605
PAM193
Seiko 411p1 flightmaster

She thinks Rolex look "cheap"... :sleep:

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
I don't know why but at the Vegas bachelor parties I've been to in the past, it seems like that the strippers dig Omegas. Could be their choice of the younger guy with the Omega vs. the older guy with the Rolex?
I don't know anyone else getting married in the future so can't test it out personally, but would be curious on how the Noob Blancpain Fifty Fathoms would do with that nuclear torch lume in a dark club like that...

umblackbear359

28/4/15
Well, lets start with the basics:

shallow bitchest love gold watches.

Most keepers think white guys in gold watches are tacky.

barth

5/10/12
When I wear a Rolex I get laid.

Every time.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
In my experience women, in general, don't know much about watches or the various high end brands unless it is Rolex or Tag. So they will also not be aware if it is a rep or gen (providing it's a reasonable quality rep).

In the case of my other half she opted for a gen £500 quartz powered Gucci watch (incidentally a very nice piece) even though I said she could spend up to £2000. Cunningly she opted for the aforementioned watch plus a Mulberry Bayswater handbag (£600), Mulberry purse (£200) plus shoes and clothes etc. to use up the £2000 budget. Now that's what I call smart.

Interestingly, Probably like a lot of guys' partners on RWI she doesn't really care if my watches are reps or not. However, she does notice if I am wearing a watch she has not seen before and questions me on it (she detests gold watches and jewellery so I don't buy that kind of thing). Once I reassure her it is just a rep and have not outlayed thousands of pounds she is happier. Lol. Interesting indeed.

^^^ This, lol, once my wife finds out they are reps, she's ok with it. LOL. And she wears a $200.00 Quartz Seiko that she loves, and bought a new MK handbag, lol.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
My lady almost cried when I told her I wanted to sell my franken Santos 100. I kept it for now :lol:

She loves that watch, and I do wear it once in a while. It's also the watch I get the most compliments on, I think due to the shape of it. People tend to dislike square watches but find this one interesting.