• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How2make a LEGACY-GPF strap [pics heavy]

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
You, sir, are one talented MF.

As far as distressed leather straps go, those look better than the gen Black Bay strap and better than the gen 382 strap!

Yes. I agree with you... [emoji12]
That's the reason many BB owners (gen owners also) order these straps for BB.
Now I'm introducing Legacy for PAM, with great acceptance into Homage builders. Also for standard PAM fits well.
Again, thanks to all for good words!

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Both straps sold, but third aged buckle still available for making last strap like the others... Anyone interested?

nick22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/15
Great topic
Well done

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5503 met Tapatalk

scalpels

Known Member
13/6/14
Hope you don't mind me jumping on this ( very informative ) thread

Just to say I ordered a Legacy strap and deployant for my Tudor BB. Arrived today, and I can only say it's a work of art. Beautifully made by a real craftsman.

Without question it's superior to the Tudor version, which I'd tried at a jewellery / watch store.

Ricard's strap is better finished and vastly superior quality leather.

I'll be leaving work early today so that my watchmaker can fit it for me - No way am I going to try to take off the steel bracelet and fit this gorgeous strap!.

If it's okay, I'll put some pics up in the next couple of days, then it'll be accompanying me on a well deserved ( for me! ) break in Venice!

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Hope you don't mind me jumping on this ( very informative ) thread

Just to say I ordered a Legacy strap and deployant for my Tudor BB. Arrived today, and I can only say it's a work of art. Beautifully made by a real craftsman.

Without question it's superior to the Tudor version, which I'd tried at a jewellery / watch store.

Ricard's strap is better finished and vastly superior quality leather.

I'll be leaving work early today so that my watchmaker can fit it for me - No way am I going to try to take off the steel bracelet and fit this gorgeous strap!.

If it's okay, I'll put some pics up in the next couple of days, then it'll be accompanying me on a well deserved ( for me! ) break in Venice!

Thanks for your kind words...
Always when I start a strap I make it as the best strap in the world. But making it for a customer like you is even more positive for me. I was satisfied before shipping it but now I'm fully satisfied with it.

Please, enjoy your strap during your trip and if you finally will visit Barcelona, please tell me and I'll make you a small souvenir...

Discigerous

Renowned Member
29/9/15
Wow! As a new member of this forum I'm blown away by your craftmanship, such a nice looking strap! I will without a doubt be looking into getting a custom strap after seeing this.

ricardmg

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Wow! As a new member of this forum I'm blown away by your craftmanship, such a nice looking strap! I will without a doubt be looking into getting a custom strap after seeing this.

Thanks!

*mod edit - :spank: warning 1*

ctvr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/12
Stunning!

This is what I called an artisan job ... well done!

scalpels

Known Member
13/6/14
Well... it took me longer than I hoped to sort some pics of the strap and deployant I got from Ricard.... but better late than never as they say!

I have to say I absolutely LOVE it! I think it enhances an already good looking watch in the Tudor BB.

Ricard kept me in touch with the progress all the way and delivered what I think is a work of art. Beautifully finished, soft...trust me SO much nicer than the AD version and a pleasure to wear. He was also kind enough to source and supply the deployant. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks again, Ricard!...and HEY!! Don't forget to give me some tips on places to visit, eat etc....I'm in Barcelona next May for 10 days .