• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} H-factory PAM 224 Firenze chrono review

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I was looking at pictures of the 2013 Noob version of this watch and noticed a major flaw on the caseback. On the engraving it says "Officine Paneria" instead of Officine Panerai (see picture below above where it says H025/100) . Polonus, are you able to confirm if this is fixed with the H-fac version?

224.jpg

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Excellent review as ever Polonus, thanks for share! Interesting rep. Now A7753 comes with the right window date. I hope to see an updated 187.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
I was looking at pictures of the 2013 Noob version of this watch and noticed a major flaw on the caseback. On the engraving it says "Officine Paneria" instead of Officine Panerai (see picture below above where it says H025/100) . Polonus, are you able to confirm if this is fixed with the H-fac version?

224.jpg

Fixed :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Thanks. Nice and curious catch!

In the new H maker version the issue is corrected and even the inscription have a little perspective like gen (Noob inscription was completely straight)

ALE

Arj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/12
Is there a 196 updated version coming out? (same watch with the black dial option)

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I got mine yesterday. It is really a stunning watch in person. Beautiful.

I've never handled a gen, but based on pictures of gens it looks like H-fac got the Firenze dial color spot on.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I got mine yesterday. It is really a stunning watch in person. Beautiful.

I've never handled a gen, but based on pictures of gens it looks like H-fac got the Firenze dial color spot on.

I'm sure the watch is nicely made and with great quality
To assure that dial colour is accurate from pics is IMO too much

ALE

sam66

18/8/15
Hi guys, first and foremost great review and amazing pics. I am just about to order this watch through a TD, he has advised me that H factory watches are a bit risky due poor after service and very expensive replacement parts. Has anyone had any problems with their H factory 224..? Do any of the experts on here agree with his advice..? I want to pull the trigger but the last email he sent me was " i think you are taking a risk with the H factory model, but the choice is yours...?" Thoughts anyone...???

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi guys, first and foremost great review and amazing pics. I am just about to order this watch through a TD, he has advised me that H factory watches are a bit risky due poor after service and very expensive replacement parts. Has anyone had any problems with their H factory 224..? Do any of the experts on here agree with his advice..? I want to pull the trigger but the last email he sent me was " i think you are taking a risk with the H factory model, but the choice is yours...?" Thoughts anyone...???

OMG. Please be serious

Are you thinking we are dealing with Mercedes, BMW or Volvo ??

We are talking about reps, without or almost without Quality control !!.
You can get problems with all makers in the same way

I would like to know your dealer, most likely he is not usually working with Hmaker

If you ask Puretime about H maker quality, they will tell you these reps are crap and Noob is the best choice
If you ask Cartel dealers (Trusty Time and Perfect Clones) about Noob quality, they will tell you Noob is crap and H nmaker is almost perfect
Just TRY it

ALE

sam66

18/8/15
Hey,

Love your enthusiam and speedy response, you answered my query with the last paragraph..nice one..lol Keep up the good work.

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
Sorry to bring up an older thread, but I've spent some time focusing on the so-called thicker subdial markings, and from what I can see, this is more an artifact of the photography.
If you look closely at the close in shots of the date displays, this gives a more accurate view at thickness, and in those images, the thickness is VERY close to gen.
The further away the image, varied lighting and pixel count will play a factor here, the close ups are a much better reference than the images of the entire dial......
Just my two cents on an older thread (loving this rep and getting ready to pull the trigger)....... after much consideration, the H Factory latest edition seems overall closer to gen, and with a Swiss ETA swapped in, will become a very nice piece.
I'd be very interested to know after this long period, how these reps have held up since purchase..... if any buyers could share their experience it would be very much appreciated!!!
Thanks and once again, sorry for pulling an old thread out of the woodwork!!!

edelweiss52

Looking Around
23/8/13
can anyone help me find where to purchase a replacement for the winder bridge/lever and the screws for this watch?