• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45.5mm Planet Ocean Gen Crown & Tube Installation

Jonny2400

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/13
Yes it does NOT work, one very broken PO... Take note the part numbers at the start of this, Do NOT fit the 45.5mm POCR

Now to buy a new watch POCR

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Are you trying to replace a ceramic PO rep crown with a regular PO crown there? Thats not going to happen...

If you have a ceramic PO and you wanted to swap to gen crown and tube most likely you ordered the wrong parts for the job.

Yeah, just uncovered that.. Didn't realise the crown was different on the cr version.

I wonder if it will work ? I'll replaced the crown tube ( which on the POCR is a nightmare to remove) so the crown will screw down. It's just the stem length that might be the issue :-( not know until the weld drys tomorrow when I put it back together

I have made the same mistake, ordered these parts..

crown 42184ST
crown tube X12870

But need the other type of crown, its for a ceramic 45.5mm PO. Anyone know the correct part number for the crown like the rep one on the left below..?

12945770914_05fc49b758_b.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have made the same mistake, ordered these parts..

crown 42184ST
crown tube X12870

But need the other type of crown, its for a ceramic 45.5mm PO. Anyone know the correct part number for the crown like the rep one on the left below..?

12945770914_05fc49b758_b.jpg

Here is the thread with the serials for the ceramic planet ocean http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=164584

None of the parts you are after are available yet though...

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I will be doing this mod tomorrow, thanks to these instructions!

thewatchdog

26/6/14
I have a Noob CrPO 45mm. I scratched the outer AR and want to replace the crystal. I emailed a TD but he said that the noob crystal is not available but he can get v6f crystal for me. Will it fit on the noob case? Mr.pap and other experts please help.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Mekkizm

12/11/19
Wow great post… Im having issues with my Planet Ocean. The thread is broken and I need to crown and tube. It’s the 45.5 as I believe you mentioned here but that link with parts doesn’t work.

can you help me out and do you do repairs??

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Wow great post… Im having issues with my Planet Ocean. The thread is broken and I need to crown and tube. It’s the 45.5 as I believe you mentioned here but that link with parts doesn’t work.

can you help me out and do you do repairs??

When this post was written (6years ago!!) it was possible to buy Omega parts from suppliers. A few years back they closed the net and now it’s very difficult to get new Omega parts. Ebay is your best bet to get parts that have come from a serviced PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
I may still have some PO parts left over actually!

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK

Well while youre here…..I’m desperate for a movement ring for the 45mm UPO. If you had one of those in your parts box id be very grateful!

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK

Well while youre here…..I’m desperate for a movement ring for the 45mm UPO. If you had one of those in your parts box id be very grateful!

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07

I haven’t sorry ????

buzzbomb

Horology Curious
6/8/21
Just ordered recently my first rep. from Andrew really looking forward to posting about it. P.O. 45.5mm w/rubber strap in addition to S.S.

8Eighty8

3/5/20
Pretty cool mod. The tube always seems to feel like the weakest spot on these reps. Feels so flimsy when winding watch or setting date/time.