• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad experience with mailing a 116610 out and the USPS

la Fantasma

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/4/14
Okay Guys whats up? so i sent out a 116610 that i repaired for someone, but it didnt get very far, my post office returned it because the box was smashed and had a hole it in from a box corner jamming into it. Well inside that war box was a rolex ceramic 116610. It was all put together and functioning. when i opened it this is what i found :

The bezel is bent, the insert is broken in three pieces. all the hardware is missing from the bezel. the saphire is chipped and has a hairline crack it. I need to repair the whole bezel and glass portion, if anyone has any extra parts laying around and would be willling to donate to my cause, i will pay as well. Please pm me so we can fix his damn watch. Thank you again RWI! Love you guys!
-Johnny

jpk207

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/5/15
That's not good. Are you saying someone opened the box and disassembled the watch? Or are you saying it was handled so roughly that the result is what's in the photo? Did you protect it in bubble wrap when you shipped it?

la Fantasma

8/4/14
It was bubble wrapped, something fell on the box and knocked the crap out of it and it was in peices when i opened it.

la Fantasma

8/4/14
the box was smashed and had a hole that looked like a corner of a box

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
OMG that is insane!! I have never seen anything like that. How did the finger prints get all over the dial and how on Earth do you clean them off? Did some heavy handed clod at the post office do that? Nice of them to see a Rolex (for all they know it could have been real) and say "You know what, I'll just stick my fingers on this nice smooth looking dial. Mmmm, shiny and smooth."

What a complete bummer.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
OH no Johnny !

Thats terrible....i hope you had some insurance...????

That seems a little extreme for a box corner damage, i cant imagine cardboard doing that to a watch, looks more like it got ran over.

I wish i could help you out, but i got no parts :(

I do hope you get it all sorted bro !

la Fantasma

8/4/14
OH no Johnny !

Thats terrible....i hope you had some insurance...????

That seems a little extreme for a box corner damage, i cant imagine cardboard doing that to a watch, looks more like it got ran over.

I wish i could help you out, but i got no parts :(

I do hope you get it all sorted bro !
Thanks dave. I hope itll get sorted out as well.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
It's painful only to look at and obviously someone really abused the box, maybe run over by some huge vehicle as you need some serious effort to cause such a damage! Good luck with the repair itself

Sent from my S6 Edge+

la Fantasma

8/4/14
SO if anybody has any extra parts please pm me so the watch can get fixed. THANKS GUYS!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Okay Guys whats up? so i sent out a 116610 that i repaired for someone, but it didnt get very far, my post office returned it because the box was smashed and had a hole it in from a box corner jamming into it. Well inside that war box was a rolex ceramic 116610. It was all put together and functioning. when i opened it this is what i found :

The bezel is bent, the insert is broken in three pieces. all the hardware is missing from the bezel. the saphire is chipped and has a hairline crack it. I need to repair the whole bezel and glass portion, if anyone has any extra parts laying around and would be willling to donate to my cause, i will pay as well. Please pm me so we can fix his damn watch. Thank you again RWI! Love you guys!
-Johnny

Holy shit sorry to see this

watchguyusa1

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/06
Boca Raton Florida USA
I have lost faith in the USPS, I have used them for more than 10 years without a single mishap ,in the last 2 years they have really messed up a few packages and one was lost for almost 2 months and then just showed up one day!! unbelievable !

any watch or parts I send worth more than 200 i use UPS or FEDEX ground .. much safer

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Johnny texted me when he got this package back. Ill just say he's not using as colorful a vocabulary here as he was yesterday!

la Fantasma

8/4/14
Thanks guys. Yeah I could tell by the box that it would be a nightmare. And I opened it up and was almost in tears. I spent two weeks fixing the watch and sourcing parts to have it in peices in front of me. Not good needless to say I'm bloody pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Aw shit man, good luck with the repair buddy. This would drive me nuts!

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
What a crappy situation. So this is a good learning experience for all of us. Wrap that mofo in enough bubble wrap to fill a shoebox, then pack the shoebox in a big cardboard box filled with packing peanuts, then pack that big box into a hard sided suitcase. Pack each box into enough other boxes so it is like a Russian stacking doll. The shipping will cost a fortune, but the heavy handed clods at the post office will never be able to smash through all of those layers!! LOL

Meechyy

Known Member
17/1/13
DAMN you USPS! Sorry to hear what happen. I've had a few problems with them as well but nothing of this nature. Not to mention FedEx has delivered my packages to my neighbor twice. You should try UPS in the future. May be worth the extra money. Good luck with a speedy repair!