• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Milgauss + gen GV?

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
Hi all,

I really like the Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, but would like to get a gen GV sapphire to go with it.

Anyone know if this is possible?

I'm not interested in the crysal mods, would like to get the gen GV crystal.

redPandaWrangler

Renowned Member
6/7/15
Hi all,

I really like the Rolex Milgauss 116400GV, but would like to get a gen GV sapphire to go with it.

Anyone know if this is possible?

I'm not interested in the crysal mods, would like to get the gen GV crystal.

The gen crystal size is 32.7mm x 1.8mm. I believe it's the same size as the rep. The problem people have had with it, is actually finding a gen crystal from Rolex. There are plenty of aftermarket crystals available from third parties, But they all have the green AR tint with the uncoloured side, instead of the sapphire actually being green.

Therefore, your best bet might to just do the paint mod using the "Citron DecoArt Paint Marker."

If you have any luck finding a gen green sapphire crystal, please keep us updated!

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
The gen crystal size is 32.7mm x 1.8mm. I believe it's the same size as the rep. The problem people have had with it, is actually finding a gen crystal from Rolex. There are plenty of aftermarket crystals available from third parties, But they all have the green AR tint with the uncoloured side, instead of the sapphire actually being green.

Therefore, your best bet might to just do the paint mod using the "Citron DecoArt Paint Marker."

If you have any luck finding a gen green sapphire crystal, please keep us updated!

Can't be that hard. Just order it from an AD or TD here. I just don't know if it will fit, because the rep Milgauss case isn't gepspec.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can't be that hard. Just order it from an AD or TD here. I just don't know if it will fit, because the rep Milgauss case isn't gepspec.

You can't order from AD's that easy! And TD's won't be able to supply you with a gen crystal. ;)

Best bet would be to check eBay and TRF for a gen crystal and give it a go!

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
You have to be an authorized repair center to order parts from Rolex and they usually want the old part back if I'm not mistaken

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You have to be an authorized repair center to order parts from Rolex and they usually want the old part back if I'm not mistaken

Exactly.

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
The Problem is that you don't get one from Rolex... They hold it back and need soooooo much Time for it, to send it...
I wait now over 6 Month for that Crystal and I think they don't send it...
They would nagging the People that they send there Watches to RSC

And the 2nd Prob is she you get the Crystal it would be much more expensive as an Standart Sub Crystal...

So which you good luck...

dmxzor

Banned
28/4/15
I'm going to do the mod, but firstly I need to pass my exams ;<

Ezio

Renowned Member
21/1/14
Thats mine In The link nothing beats that gen crystal :O

wollerau

Known Member
26/10/15
There is one on Chrono24 "Rolex Milgauss Green Crystal reference116400 GV".. $540
Is that a fair price?

I had my gen GMT Master II's crystal replaced, it had a crack in the cyclops.. was somewhere around $150 including labor and they let me keep the part.. Maybe a way to source? *evil grinch*

dmxzor

Banned
28/4/15
Too much. I talked with this guy in real while he was in Poland. He told me that he bought it for about 450$.

ahmadyk23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/10
VERY hard to source a gen green crystal.

Side note: that rep with the gen GV crystal is a STUNNER, magnificent.

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
The great part of Frankens is the hunt for parts. Yes the crystal will be extremely hard to find but once OP finds it, his watch will grow more and more valuble to him. Best of luck my friend