• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Instant Diver "tell" no matter which version - dammit!!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Lol, I think it's too late! I've already been certified!!

I'll be attempting the inner bezel transplant tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. It maybe a no no immediately, but you never know!! And the low beat movements are ready and waiting!

Ok question since you mentioned the low beats. Side by side, is the difference between a 28.8kpbh and 21.6kbph obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12

Ok question since you mentioned the low beats. Side by side, is the difference between a 28.8kpbh and 21.6kbph obvious?

Oh yes it's very noticeable. There's a very distinct "tick" with the 21,600 vph movement and certainly is a worthwhile upgrade that's very simple to do. You only need the balance, escape wheel and pallet fork from a movt such as the Swatch based 2842 or the low grade ETA 2846. It can even be done without removing the movt from the watch.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Oh yes it's very noticeable. There's a very distinct "tick" with the 21,600 vph movement and certainly is a worthwhile upgrade that's very simple to do. You only need the balance, escape wheel and pallet fork from a movt such as the Swatch based 2842 or the low grade ETA 2846. It can even be done without removing the movt from the watch.
Like this => http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/227694-Fully-Modded-ROO-SS-Diver-Project-D

Check the last page ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Absolutely. I have the low beat conversion to my ceramic diver as well but never really paid attention to the visual difference in the movements. I did notice that the low beat diver moves very similarly to a Rolex submariner and always wondered if they beat at the same kpbh?

See this M and tell me what's the beat frequency Mr guru?! :lol:
https://vimeo.com/138445578

Reactions: Allure

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12

Absolutely. I have the low beat conversion to my ceramic diver as well but never really paid attention to the visual difference in the movements. I did notice that the low beat diver moves very similarly to a Rolex submariner and always wondered if they beat at the same kpbh?

See this M and tell me what's the beat frequency Mr guru?! :lol:
https://vimeo.com/138445578

Lol, sweet! I've used the Seagull movts as the perlage decoration is nice but have used an ETA train and barrel. Managed to get some gold 2846 balance wheels that I've transferred to the Seagull balance cock so have kept the perlage on that too! Got Domi x-tals on the way and one of my V7's date wheels will be transplanted into the Seagull that's headed into the ceramic tomorrow too.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
The low beat makes a BIG difference in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 6

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
The Rolex cal 3135 beats at 28,800 so the same as a stock 2824.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
I have recognised people with fake 15400 (screws say enough), ROOs chronos (DW & supershit AR, sec@9, erc) as many rep buyers buy on vacation somewhere. But from TD you get too notch stuff.

Recently i was in China and I didnt buy any rep as al those were below quality that you can buy online.

I have fooled many gen collectors with my reps. If you have the money nobody will question if yours is rep or gen.

If you drive a beaten 30 year old piece of junk people will think yours is a rep

That is just my opinion

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
85290e36f2000d7fc5847fc118153ec3.jpg

[emoji12][emoji6]

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I have recognised people with fake 15400 (screws say enough), ROOs chronos (DW & supershit AR, sec@9, erc) as many rep buyers buy on vacation somewhere. But from TD you get too notch stuff.

Recently i was in China and I didnt buy any rep as al those were below quality that you can buy online.

I have fooled many gen collectors with my reps. If you have the money nobody will question if yours is rep or gen.

If you drive a beaten 30 year old piece of junk people will think yours is a rep

That is just my opinion

Couldn't agree more. I'm 55 and semi retired, fortunately drive a new car, wear Ralph Lauren (occasionally) and fit the rich expat mould in HK perfectly well. So wearing a gen AP wouldn't be out of place.

The nice thing about that is the AD's always treat westerners practically as royalty, and this week there's been a special exhibition in a shopping mall to showcase the launch of the new Millenary Woman range. They have an AP workshop service bench set up with 4 of their movements and tools to inspect. The Filipino watchmaker let me sit at his bench and look at the movements with his eyeglass. Lush!!

They had a lot of vintage AP pocket watches and ladies jewellery pieces on display so was quite a treat. Got to see the Conor McGregor type too (yuk)!!

vanquish0000

17/11/12
How about the other end of the crown guard towards the strap lug?? I circled the gen in blue and rep in red. The edges on rep seems a bit curved, but the gen's edges looks flat and sharp (or perpendicular?). Is it something the rep factory missing or just simply the machine can't do it? Here's some pics to compare, what do you guys think?? I know it's a small thing and most of people just ignore it, just want to hear some opinions on this.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
How about the other end of the crown guard towards the strap lug?? I circled the gen in blue and rep in red. The edges on rep seems a bit curved, but the gen's edges looks flat and sharp (or perpendicular?). Is it something the rep factory missing or just simply the machine can't do it? Here's some pics to compare, what do you guys think?? I know it's a small thing and most of people just ignore it, just want to hear some opinions on this.

I haven't even noticed all this and i have been staring @ AP's for a year now as i almost only am active in AP subforum...

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
To be honest after gen CGs have been polished - there's no guarantees they'll remain 1:1 factory specs.

Shit that was suppose to be curved may be polished flat.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Yall argue till the next century and the factory still wont get one thing right, the lume application on the bezels. Lol

Sent from my Super Rep iPhone using Tapatalk.