• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Seiko Diver Fans??

elbisivni

Horology Curious
20/7/15
Only one real diver, but love my Seikos:

SKZ211J Landshark/Atlas - good for 200m. Just sold it

%252524_57-1.JPG

SRP553J1 - Black dial. 100m only, so not a real diver, but pretty. Sold it only yesterday:
%252524_57.JPG

SRP551J1 - identical to the 553J1. I've wanted a Pepsi dialled watch without unnecessary complications forever, and this is the first one that really appealed. I'm hanging onto this one:

IMG_1195.JPG

So yes. Seikos. Some of the best watches you can get, especially at the very modest prices. The 5s in particular are sadly under rated - they're fantastic. I always keep an eye on new pieces, and tend to only buy the Japanese built ones.

WatchMe01

3/8/15
Great watches money can buy! Especially the SKX series and the workmanship and overall build qualty of SKX007/009 can not be beaten imo.

Skywatch

11/1/15
I have my SKX007 for years. I got bored with it's outlook so I did something to it recently.

Now, it looks better on Shark Mesh or Oyster?

Looks fantastic with the BLNR insert. I really like the mesh, still it looks awesome on the oyster bracelet also.

I always think of the early 1970's when I see the Seiko divers. Thanks for posting.

Some really great looking watches in the thread. Thanks for the photos.

elbisivni

Horology Curious
20/7/15
You have quite a collection!

The landshark is gorgeous!!!

Thanks ht2424

It is a lovely watch. Not huge either and wears beautifully. Only downside with them is that the crown that controls the compass part (on the left) is very touchy - it'll happily rotate the compass ring while you're wearing it. The trick is to put in a bit of (unused!!) dental floss around the stem to stop it doing that.

Other than that - before I sold it it went everywhere with me. Such a solid workhorse, and never showed even the slightest bit of wear.

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
Only one real diver, but love my Seikos:

SKZ211J Landshark/Atlas - good for 200m. Just sold it

%252524_57-1.JPG

SRP553J1 - Black dial. 100m only, so not a real diver, but pretty. Sold it only yesterday:
%252524_57.JPG

SRP551J1 - identical to the 553J1. I've wanted a Pepsi dialled watch without unnecessary complications forever, and this is the first one that really appealed. I'm hanging onto this one:

IMG_1195.JPG

So yes. Seikos. Some of the best watches you can get, especially at the very modest prices. The 5s in particular are sadly under rated - they're fantastic. I always keep an eye on new pieces, and tend to only buy the Japanese built ones.

After seeing your collection. Mine is on nato now. It goes surprisingly good with navy blue!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbisivni

Horology Curious
20/7/15
Oh, looks great, and I like that strap, HT. Where did you get it from? I particularly like the buckles - haven't seen that design before.

Suanty

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/14
I had SKX007 and sold it to fund my other purchase in 2012, still misses her sometimes. :innocent:

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
Oh, looks great, and I like that strap, HT. Where did you get it from? I particularly like the buckles - haven't seen that design before.

That's a Zulu. I like thick brushed buckles which gives a bulky feeling. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
I just sold my black monster last week. Had that watch for 8 years. It's been in the sand, dirt, mud and sea. Never serviced and ticked like a champ till the day I sold it. The 7S26 movement is pretty much indestructible.

ht2424

Known Member
4/6/14
I just sold my black monster last week. Had that watch for 8 years. It's been in the sand, dirt, mud and sea. Never serviced and ticked like a champ till the day I sold it. The 7S26 movement is pretty much indestructible.

They are indestructible indeed!! I m surprised that you can sell an eight year old seiko!!

What's next after the monster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
My most recent addition is a titanium Shogun. Hell of a watch..if not exactly cheap lol.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

elchino

Renowned Member
9/11/14
Cool Divers here! Im waiting for my brand new Diver Pepsi with jubilee bracelet. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

valster3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/1/11
Cool Divers here! Im waiting for my brand new Diver Pepsi with jubilee bracelet. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

looking forward to the pics - i was just thinking of getting a jubilee bracelet for my SKX009

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11