• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yuki 3135 inspection

Rob B

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/11
Recently returning to this favored hobby of mine I discovered a couple folks have supposedly come close to creating an aftermarket 3135. Reviews led me to believe the yuki was closer in build & could accept many gen/aftermarket parts. As fate would have it they were in stock so I grabbed one. Placed order on the 11th at night, and the movement arrived this morning. That's 4 shipping days from china to the east coast! I have ebay orders placed in my same time zone that haven't arrived yet. My first experience with yuki deff. Won't be my last.
Now down to business. I was out the door to work when I noticed this by the front door. The excitement was to much. Decided to blow off work and dissect this thing.
I'll add some pics./ personal opinions later on. May even decide to try and throw on some gen parts. This is going to be fun. :D

Rob B

9/1/11
I'm impressed. Someone finally copied the 3135. While the quality does not match that of an official 3135. One could compare the quality to other known Asian copies to that of a swiss eta movement. Not sure about the coating on the reversing wheels, but if it remains undisturbed after the ultrasonic I'm leaving it. Only concern is if any particles come off during use it would certainly cause problems.
I'm no expert nor do I service these regularly. I have serviced my own and stripped it down a few times. Following the same procedure went well. The only difference really being the balance which personally I'm glad this one is regulated, as I can actually adjust/fine tune it. I need far more experience before I'm confident enough to use a micro-stella wrench.
There's no need for a review or write up on the yuki 3135 here, as there's plenty of post on the subject from far more qualified people. Misiekped's posts, and the mini review @ rwg are what led me to purchase this thing. I'm just a hobbyist excited there was an affordable option to an awesome movement. Hell if you want to be able to service your own gen 3135 but don't quite have the nerve to start. This would be an excellent practice movement.
And now for a few pics. I'll take some better ones during re-assembly. These are some quick iphone shots.

was thinking about putting on a gen automatic module, and few other parts, but I want to put the movement through the test. I will change out the mainspring and a few other recommended parts.

i should mention it's pretty dirty in there. I would @ least service before using.

Gen date wheel comparison, yuki def. went with a raised print :)

Thats all for now. To exited to play with new toys. No time for uploading. Have a great night.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I thought this was a piece of total poo???? You say it's close to gen?

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
A piece of poo?

not quite.. It's a great movement, once serviced - reliable and ACCURATE mine is +4 -2 so COSC..

The A3135 and SA3135 on the other hand may be 'pieces of poo'

and yes it is close to gen with 99% of Gen parts a direct fit ;)

D

d4m.test

I thought this was a piece of total poo???? You say it's close to gen?
Yuki 3135 is not the same as a Asian with 3135 decorations. The Yuki movement is an actual clone with parts that are interchangeable with gen.

RWI650

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/7/13
I have one, too bad can't find a watch to fit it in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rob B

9/1/11
It was recommended to change out the keyless works. Can anyone tell me if the whole set up should be changed out? Or would the wheels, cannon pinion, and maybe the cover mechanism due? I.e. Does it need the jumper, yoke, sliding pinion, spring, ect.? In other words what parts of the keyless should I swap? A few vitals or the whole shebang?

mrtesting

2/8/13
A piece of poo?

not quite.. It's a great movement, once serviced - reliable and ACCURATE mine is +4 -2 so COSC..

The A3135 and SA3135 on the other hand may be 'pieces of poo'

and yes it is close to gen with 99% of Gen parts a direct fit ;)

Ah I see
I do see ppl mentioning it was kinda poo
Until you said that it refers to Asian clones etc
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Rob
Do not use ultrasonic on reverse wheels as they are painted
Gen one are Teflon coated and they not recommend cleaning them as well
Just clean them with ridoco and lubricate them as per rolex recommendations
As far as the keyless no need to change all parts and spent hundreds $
Better bet is mainspring pinions, hour wheel and few only few off keyless
Just my 5 cents

Rob B

9/1/11
Thanks misiekped, I was only concerned about the paint coming off during use, so was going to put in ultrasonic to try and clean off. I have one of the 2836-2 Asians decorated to look 3135. The paint was really bad on those so I scraped off or dipped. Can't remember now. Anyhow your 5cents is worth a lot more to me. I will follow your recommendations. I am going to replace the keyless, or most of it as I have most of the parts already. Was going to lube the works up with pml grease, and see if it feels as smooth and creamy as the gen :)

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
You don't have to touch the reversing is not the same paint as the Asian red wheels

hylnder777

Horology Curious
27/9/12
California
OTE=misiekped;1852251]You don't have to touch the reversing is not the same paint as the Asian red wheels[/QUOTE]

Question on the yuki balance bridge wheel assembly, is it interchangeable with the gen?