• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht-Master Rep Dials vs GEN Dials (Addon)

zocker4711

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/3/13
Hi RWI Brothers and Sisters

So here we have an little Addon to the "YM GEN vs TC Magnify Session"

This was the Previous Session

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...p-Dial-under-Microscope-and-more-(Big-Review)

In the Addon i will show you the difference between the different YM Rep Dials and GEN Dials

I will go not into all Details of Print etc.

The Main Point in this Comparison lay on the Platinum Color

So let us start with

TC vs GEN (Old Dial)

I think there is nothing much to say?

What we see directly is the difference Lume Color...
The TC Lume is in Daylight Yellow the GEN is pure White... The same we see on the Hands ;)
The GEN Dial Sparkle in the Sunlight sooooo nice! It´s nearly impossible to capture this by Pics...
The Platinum Color of the Rep is more Brownish in the most Angles... And not soooo nice as the GEN...
But the TC Dial is the closest to the GEN in my Eyes... If you have no GEN for take an Comparison no one will Spot this ;)

TC vs Cartel

The Platinum Color of the Cartel Dial is really nice! It Sparkle in the Sunlight really cool but it´s far away from the GEN...
The Paint is more rough but as i said in the Sunlight it is really nice.
The Platinum Color is more Brownish then the TC
Prob is the Print of the Dial isn´t GEN like and the Triangle is wrong...

Sean vs GEN (Old Dial)

Near the same as the TC Dial
We see also the different Lume Color...
The Platinum Color of the Rep is more Brownish in the most Angles... And not soooo nice as the GEN...

JF (116622) ChromaLight vs GEN (Old Dial)

So we see that the newer Lume is now more White but for ChromaLight too White...
The Platinum Color of the Rep Dial is more Silver but for the New 116622 Dial this is Correct... So the Dial is really close to the GEN 116622...
The Print is really nice...

GEN Dial (2010)

There are two different GEN Dials out of the 16622 :) the most People don´t know that
The Platinum Color of the GEN Dial till 2008 are totally different then the Newer Dials from 2009
The Dial Sparkle much more in the Sunlight! It looks more like an Metalic Car lacquer...
Many owner of the newer YMs change there Dials for the old one... There are a few members on TRF they spend another 1000,-Eu in there GENs only for changing to the Older Dial :)
The Print is also diferent btw the both Dials

JF (116622) vs GEN (OLD) vs GEN (2010)

GEN OLD is in the Watch ;)
We see that the old Platinum is more rough then the new 2010
The Lume Color is the same but the Dots are different.
The Print is as i said already different...
But i can say there is absolutley no Rep Dial that can beat one of the GEN Dial.
Btw the JF Platinum Color that was made with newer Print Machines you can see clearly how rough the Color is ;)

So hope this brings a little light into the Darkness of the nice YM ;)

The Summer can come...

Thanks for looking !!!

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Great comparison with excellent information! Thank you!
Will be interesting to see where TCs new KH-YM dial fits in when he finally ships!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jojo88

Renowned Member
19/3/15
Nice review. Love gen and rep comparison! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
Now I feel so dumb, I could barely tell any of them apart. If you lay down all of the dials and ask me which one is Gen I wouldn't be able to tell you.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Now I feel so dumb, I could barely tell any of them apart. If you lay down all of the dials and ask me which one is Gen I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Practice is the key my young padawan :sFun_oldguy:

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
The gen dial has more "pop"...the fonts, both red and black, POP against the platinum background, which on the older models, are a gorgeous platinum color..Also, the red color on the second hand is so pronounced...very easy to read..Both dials are very very nice, but the nod goes to the gen because of the "pop" factor...just my .02 cents.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Awesome and informative dedicated thread to the subtle differences of the different versions of YM dials! Great efforts from you, thanks a lot man!

will you please be including the NEW TC YM 16622 Elabore Rep dial (the new KH DYM Dial)? thank you!
EDIT:

I SEE YOU ALREADY DID! THANK YOU