• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone swapped a secs@9 only Asian 7750 for Swiss?

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
Just got my 364 back from service, it's now clean and grease free, runs nice with a proper power reserve, but I'm still unhappy about the accuracy.

Im guessing it might settle in ( currently about 30-45 secs slow a day ) so will give it another couple of weeks, but what are people's views on replacing the Asian movement with a really decent Swiss 7750?
I had a BK DSSD that lost less than a second a week with a Swiss movement, I'm also competent enough to adjust the timing of the current movement.

The timing from the guy who serviced it was between zero and five secs a day before shipping, so I have no issues with the service, just the reliability of the Asian movement.

Thanks in advance

John

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
I have done quite a few of them for fellow members. Since sec@9(only) Swiss aren't out there, new movements are taken apart and stripped of all the chrono parts, as well as a few other modifications to allow the conversion.

Here is one I did for myself recently.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/253364-My-Swiss-Modded-amp-SwissT-Relumed-PAM-24g

Before
YllsUJ.jpg

After
ptrKDZ.jpg

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
I have done quite a few of them for fellow members. Since sec@9(only) Swiss aren't out there, new movements are taken apart and stripped of all the chrono parts, as well as a few other modifications to allow the conversion.

You have PM

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Is it normal for a movement to run 30-45 seconds off after service? I wouldn't be pleased...

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Being off by that much definitely isn't normal, whether it's before or after a service.

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
Nope, it's certainly irritating. And irregular. So far today it's lost zero seconds (since I reset it last night at 9, so that's 14 hrs, hmm

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
It may have lost 45 seconds the first day if you didn't wind it before wearing.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The link no longer works for me either. I'll try and figure that one out.

My every day watch is a Sea Dweller with and A2836. I've set it so is stays pretty good based on my wearing habits, not to a timegrapher. It'll sometimes run excellent for a week and the next week it will loose a couple minutes. Fully wound it shows about +38 seconds a day with good amplitude and a beautiful straight line. After it's run down into the part of the power band from everyday use it will be from 0 to -30sec/day. That's just how automatic watch with our cheap movements are, either Asian or old ETA.

rocketdogbert

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/10/13
Uk
Ah cheers, I'll keep my mind open

My every day watch is a Sea Dweller with and A2836. I've set it so is stays pretty good based on my wearing habits, not to a timegrapher. It'll sometimes run excellent for a week and the next week it will loose a couple minutes. Fully wound it shows about +38 seconds a day with good amplitude and a beautiful straight line. After it's run down into the part of the power band from everyday use it will be from 0 to -30sec/day. That's just how automatic watch with our cheap movements are, either Asian or old ETA.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

I got ya Bro........http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/101301-Why-you-need-to-wind-your-automatics

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
LOL you beat me to it :p