• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Genuine Sub 114060 vs BP rep

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Sorry no pics =/

I tried on a gen 114060 today for the first time, holding it in person I couldnt see what is so special about it. Sure the ceramic and pearl are nicer, the dial is a bit shinier, the bracelet is a bit smoother. But for 40x the price of the BP i expected a lot more. Am i missing something? I read so many posts saying that gen is so much better but can not see it.

The only reason i could justify buying one would be to say its real when my friends ask how much i paid for it... instead of $200

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you can't tell the difference in person then stick with reps.

If it makes your feel better....just tell your mates it's real (no biggie)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tasopappas1

6/7/12
And that it will last about 40 times longer!
The Rep business thrives for the most part because of people's admiration of the craftsmanship and quality of the real thing.
This is silly

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
If you are a product designer at richemont, rolex, etc. you'll see differences from 5 meters away. Everything (really everything) is different on a rep.

But if you are a CEO at LVMH knowing nothing about product details, you dont event notice you are wearing a rep a journalist has given you during an interview -)
Cheers, Jean-Claude. Sales person at AD, your best friend, your mother wont notice, too.

Naive people will always be happier. So enjoy life without caring about too much details :)

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
99.9% of the people even gen owners could not tell a decent (not even a good)rep from gen. People still think that reps have clear case backs and a second hand that tick.

I pride myself on knowing about subs and last weekend my wife's uncle wore a 116013. I tried to catch a good glimps to see if it was real or fake for at least 8 hours and could not tell. Only after the family get together did my son tell me he got into a watch discussion with him and tried it on. Lol

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
rep syndrome — once you learn so much about reps, you do the rep/gen thing everywhere you see a luxury watch :)
does your son know you are collecting reps? and does here wear them, too? I am just curious.

99.9% of the people even gen owners could not tell a decent (not even a good)rep from gen. People still think that reps have clear case backs and a second hand that tick.

I pride myself on knowing about subs and last weekend my wife's uncle wore a 116013. I tried to catch a good glimps to see if it was real or fake for at least 8 hours and could not tell. Only after the family get together did my son tell me he got into a watch discussion with him and tried it on. Lol

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
He knows I collect/ build watches both rep and gen. He also enjoys this hobby. Because he is 15, I don't allow him to wear branded watches. He has built approx 10 sterile watches for himself.

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
He knows I collect/ build watches both rep and gen. He also enjoys this hobby. Because he is 15, I don't allow him to wear branded watches. He has built approx 10 sterile watches for himself.

Now this post is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!!
This hobby exists and thrives by passing down our experience and passion for watches. The fact your son is already building watches at age 15, I cant imagine where he will be in 10 years!!
My son is 10 years old, and has just started to take an interest in this hobby. He now notices nice watches when we are out and about, and I get the occassional "nice watch Dad". I look forward to the day that he wants to wear one of my pieces. [MENTION=56255]Subjeff[/MENTION] I bet you are one "proud Papa".

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15

This is so cool. You must be proud. I hope my boy takes up the same interest too, after all he needs to appreciate the gens coming his way. If not then my daughter is plan b, lol!!

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Now this post is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!!
This hobby exists and thrives by passing down our experience and passion for watches. The fact your son is already building watches at age 15, I cant imagine where he will be in 10 years!!
My son is 10 years old, and has just started to take an interest in this hobby. He now notices nice watches when we are out and about, and I get the occassional "nice watch Dad". I look forward to the day that he wants to wear one of my pieces. @Subjeff I bet you are one "proud Papa".

This is so cool. You must be proud. I hope my boy takes up the same interest too, after all he needs to appreciate the gens coming his way. If not then my daughter is plan b, lol!!

Thanks guys. My son even attends the G2G we have. I'm a lucky father that my son enjoys the same hobbies as I do.