• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MK Mark XVII little price replica "versus" gen

IfI

Horology Curious
31/3/09

I had a chance to wear the Gen little prince mark17 for days, early 2014.

I was a big fan of IWC especially Mark serials, and i've owned several of the replica version, at the time i found mark 17 little prince MK version is released, i was so exited, though the dial seems not so accurate to me.

to me, the gen is much darker and matt. but the dealer reports that the crystal is just amazing. i hardly hold back at the first batch, but cannot hold anymore at the second batch....

the first feeling when it's on wrist, is that my opinion on the web pics is correct. plus the hue is not accurate, mk version is more like purple than dark blue. but fortunately, it is almost the same color as the book cover of my story book of the little prince. if this is the standard, the gen is not accurate :p

and the sunburst, it's shining on mk version. though the gen has sunburst, but almost unnoticeable.

here is my conclusion of it:

1, dail color is not accurate, but to the ones who never had a chance to take a close compare to the gen, would never tell. i have report this problem to my dealer, and he promised me to feed back to the vendor. if there would be a v2, i'll update.

2, the crystal is just AMAZING, you know the biggest tell is the crystal of any replica, even double AR is not helping. but not this time. you can see sharp reflection on the hands when the watch is under a light in front. you'll see in the pics below. but from the light reflection shape on the crystal, i doubt the AR has difference or the glass curvature is less.

3, the strap is good, but not so good as imagine, the stitches, is five on the top, and the gen is six. this is a flaw that could overcome easily.

overall, i love this piece of work even I can tell the difference at any glance, it's highly over-qualified replica watch than the ones i had before. what I'm looking for is just a nice watch, right?

as you can see, i'm a Chinese at southern China, to compare with gen, I put on the thick jacket for northern winter...this made me sweat all over in 1 minute...

the pics is taken in the same environment, but with different camera, iphone5 in 2014 and 6plus currently, you can see the 6p's saturation and color temperature is lower. if there is PS expert among you, please adjust them as close as possible, at least make my skin color identical.

hope you enjoy.
919d58dc883924a65c5d2e830099bde4.jpg
97818a60311271c3a9cb0398585b727c.jpg

af5c5df7cc22265c4faab541f78e2a50.jpg
062f5db1bc8c09079fbef52b94db00c1.jpg
c04f53e0128e1be46e833589bf464d38.jpg

the following are taken by rx100m3
b8d8351595b9bad18acca919221ce849.jpg
08fbb27e4cb4d03131401810124d120c.jpg

5a7dff820744d6072083efb5afa23592.jpg

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
Amazing. Thanks for this. The dial is indeed a bit purple-ish but it REALLY depends on the lighting conditions. On the street it's blue blue blue.. indoors its more purple. Your sunburst effect looks much more visible than mine... on my it's very subtle. Strap with 5 stitches is also present on some gens, depends on the manufacturer i'd say.
Here you go:
iwc-pilot-mark-xvii-petit-prince-40mm-ss-blue-dial-brown-leather-strap-iw326506-v28q3c-01.jpg

And

3112178gross.jpg

As you can see... 5 stitches.

haleao

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/11/12
Thanks for the review! The MK you owned is a batch "earlier" with the sunburst (according to the distance of numbers and markers and the font). The latest batch MK has changed to a darker blue dial but without the sunburst which I own (I want the sunburst!). I think they are trying to get the right blue for the dial..hope they can finally make everything right.. Still a very beautiful piece
30ac016d2cc0b58546c2fe06984e7e89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IfI

Horology Curious
31/3/09

Thanks for the review! The MK you owned is a batch "earlier" with the sunburst (according to the distance of numbers and markers and the font). The latest batch MK has changed to a darker blue dial but without the sunburst which I own (I want the sunburst!). I think they are trying to get the right blue for the dial..hope they can finally make everything right.. Still a very beautiful piece

wow it seems i still got a little early...but i just got it for 3 days. so my batch is actually first batch.

anyway, i'm still loving it.

and we can consider exchange, if you want mine, and you are in china also.

IfI

Horology Curious
31/3/09

Amazing. Thanks for this. The dial is indeed a bit purple-ish but it REALLY depends on the lighting conditions. On the street it's blue blue blue.. indoors its more purple. Your sunburst effect looks much more visible than mine... on my it's very subtle. Strap with 5 stitches is also present on some gens, depends on the manufacturer i'd say.
Here you go:
iwc-pilot-mark-xvii-petit-prince-40mm-ss-blue-dial-brown-leather-strap-iw326506-v28q3c-01.jpg

And

3112178gross.jpg

As you can see... 5 stitches.

you are right, so my comparison is done in the exactly same location and lighting condition. The gen is always dark blue, though little prince story book has a standard blue theme. Lol

IfI

Horology Curious
31/3/09

Btw are you sure your version is MK?
Be noticed that the SW version is just Matt and darker and no sunburst from the beginning.

haleao

5/11/12
Btw are you sure your version is MK?
Be noticed that the SW version is just Matt and darker and no sunburst from the beginning.

haha first of all thanks for the offer but I love everything just except the missing of sunburst. I think mine is the second batch of MK (since my TD only sell MK of mark17 and the TD also changed the pics on his site for the MK mark17 to the matt dial). Also the SW dial was also having the wrong font and position of number before. So if mine is SW, they might update it? quite confusing for they still keep changing stuff.

pics of old 1st batch MK and SW dial: http://mblogthumb1.phinf.naver.net/20150810_240/w0426master_1439194050686o58RN_JPEG/EDIT.jpg?type=w2

frozenb

8/7/15
thanks for the compare. this is so useful info. i hope they can come up something better. do you guys also own the 377706 prince, too?

matthew_the_great

10/4/15
Thanks for the comparison
I think i will hold back my plan of purchasing a MK Mark XVII little prince :)

haleao

5/11/12

thanks for the compare. this is so useful info. i hope they can come up something better. do you guys also own the 377706 prince, too?

Sorry that I still haven't pull the trigger for 377706 prince! Although there is sunburst dial and everything looks great, I still feel like blue on dial is still off comparing with the gen. Maybe I will wait another apple to apple review.

jha0501

Horology Curious
4/4/15
The biggest difference between SW and MK is "shape of star on end of second hand". MK model has pretty curved edge, while SW model has sharp one. But I think both MK and SW's hand are not accurate comparing with Gen. Btw, people who are considering purchasing Mark XVII little prince rep never notice and mention about it. lol
I fell in love with this watch because of that "STAR shape hand" lol