• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What a difference good douoble AR coating makes

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
AR is nice, but that one Schumi bezel screw is such an eye sore... :hehehe:

rnrprof

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
24/3/14
United States
Some of the reps do come with double AR coating but their quality is not very good. Good ar coating is performed in a laboratory using a vacuum deposition process and machinery that can cost upwards of $50,000 USD. The trick is in the formula that is used and part of that is the number of coats with which halide and what percentage. And yes there is a significant difference between different companies that do this coating. One other issue is the quality of the rep sapphire crystals. They are not very good and there are far better sapphire crystals made than what you have in any of the reps we buy. As in many things, with anti-reflective coating processes you pretty much get what you pay for; there are no shortcuts for quality AR coating.

JoeyT

11/8/14
I'm gunna put my flames suit on before asking this question but I have no prior experience with this and I'm very interested. Do you buy the crystal that's already double AR coated or do you send your watch to a modded that hoes it

D

d4m.test

I'm gunna put my flames suit on before asking this question but I have no prior experience with this and I'm very interested. Do you buy the crystal that's already double AR coated or do you send your watch to a modded that hoes it

My understanding is you can order crystals already AR'd from Prof or you can send him your rep crystal and have it AR'd. The difference being quality of the crystal and the price. I believe his crystal are a little higher quality than the rep ones and thus the price reflects that.

I will be ordering from him very soon

JoeyT

11/8/14
My understanding is you can order crystals already AR'd from Prof or you can send him your rep crystal and have it AR'd. The difference being quality of the crystal and the price. I believe his crystal are a little higher quality than the rep ones and thus the price reflects that.

I will be ordering from him very soon

thanks for the info brother. I will definitely be in touch with him. These crystals are amazing

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Thanks for the comparison mate, didn't know if the result is significantly good. It looks like there is no crystal on the watch after the AR is being applied, just wow!

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

thewatchdog

26/6/14
Anyone know where i can find a new AR'ed crystal for my 45mm noob CrPO? I scratched the outer AR and then ended up removing the rest with a capecod. I don't like it without the AR now.
I see many people selling crystals for the AP roos. What about the CrPO? Anyone sell those? I checked out on ottofrei. It sells for 300$ shipped. Id rather get a new rep for 300 bucks :p

jcrystal23

23/1/14
My Schumi with prof's crystal is amazing!!!

Sent from a traveling phone booth

rroberson

Known Member
27/4/14
Florida, U.S.A
I love my new prof. Steve crystal, makes a huge difference.

9syJsIh.jpg

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
Rnrprof, please excuse me for asking you this, is it really ok if we wash our double ar'd crystal altogether with the whole watch in running water and with a little bit soap? I tend to do this if I feel my watch is somewhat dirty...