• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Got my first gen Omega

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Ah ok, nice. My gen 300m's insert could use a replacement due to some scratches (not that bad but enough that a new one would look nice). A refresh of the outer assembly is always welcome as well if it's more or less the same price as on Ofrei, minus the shipping and hassle of replacing it. Will have to drop by an Omega AD soon to see about getting this done, thanks!

I'm not sure if an AD will offer the same price. The boutique is Omega owned and they were able to do it in store, in less than 30 minutes.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Such an awesome watch, I got mine in 1997 when it was brand new, It has served me well all over the world and in a few places it should of never been. Look at that I don't think I could bear to replace any part of it. That crystal is the original and once my hand and wrist got smashed between some stucco and a heavy shudder I thought it was ruined I didn't notice it for hours and when I did it was covered with sand and stuff, well I wiped it off and to my surprise not a scratch,

i think its been serviced once, the lume is pretty done and its power reserve is maybe 30 hours plus or minus, I should get it serviced but I wouldst let them replace a thing I can see.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I'm not sure if an AD will offer the same price. The boutique is Omega owned and they were able to do it in store, in less than 30 minutes.

Sorry for the WAY NOOB question, guys........
but what exactly is the difference between the AD and the Boutique ??????

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
Sorry for the WAY NOOB question, guys........
but what exactly is the difference between the AD and the Boutique ??????

An AD is a shop authorised by Omega to sell/resell their watches on Omega's behalf. They will either buy the watches from Omega and then sell them on, or they will sell them and take a cut of the profits. They shop is separate and not owned by Omega.

An Omega boutique is a shop that is directly owned by Omega. There is no middleman between Omega and the buyer, so they can offer better price considerations and discounts.

Hope his helps! :)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
An AD is a shop authorised by Omega to sell/resell their watches on Omega's behalf. They will either buy the watches from Omega and then sell them on, or they will sell them and take a cut of the profits. They shop is separate and not owned by Omega.

An Omega boutique is a shop that is directly owned by Omega. There is no middleman between Omega and the buyer, so they can offer better price considerations and discounts.

Hope his helps! :)

Absolutely ! It does !
Thankyou !

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
My favorite Seamaster by miles. I want a quartz one however, perfect beater.
Before you all cringe, if it's good enough for the future king of England it's good enough for me.