• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest PAM V4 Caseset

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
For those wondering how the latest v4 caseset looks like, here are some pictures after my short essay. From first glance, the case looks pretty good and lugs' shape seem accurate. Distance between lug and case cushion seems good too, almost similar with the latest H-Factory casesets. Apparently this batch of v4 is different with the v4 that the old PAM390 (circa December 2014) has. A noticeable difference is the bezel on this v4 seems a lil higher but not as bad as H-fac's. My only complain is that the machining lines are still very bad and it can be easily reflected on the case body in between the lugs. I have sanded every single machining lines on my case and repolished, so do not use it as a sample.

At the moment, the only Pams that i know assembled with this caseset is 005 and 111 Noob. However, no thin crown and the wrong lever on the crown guard is still being used. From what i see, certain TD's are still selling 111's with old casesets so becareful on your QC pictures.

Now, some pictures for TLDR mates lol. This watch is my own build, so ignore the crown guard and crown.

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks kampachi, this is one of the most interesting threads of the last months
I'm really surprised by this fantastic thread without any reply

I was curious waiting for some answers, but no replies so far, I don't understand it.

This caseset, leaving aside your improvements, seems the best current option.
I'm talking about a V4 caseset with Slim crown and correct position of the upper part of the lugs in relation of the cushion shape edge. This distance seemed a bit longer in some first batches of V4 Noob casesets (fitting PAM 390) but now seems correct.

Yes, now the bezel seems a bit higher but the transition edge and upper edge seem nicely rounded like gen, reducing the effect of very high bezel base like happens in H maker bezels. See the "S" shape of the reflections in the inclined surface of the bezel, just like gen has

If Noob introduces a correct CG lever shape, applies all new V4 parts and finishes correctly the inner surfaces between lugs in their V4 casesets we will get a Luminor Bettarini 44mm caseset more 95% gen-like and unbeatable.

ALE

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11

I was curious waiting for some answers, but no replies so far, I don't understand it.

I'm talking about a V4 caseset with Slim crown and correct position of the upper part of the lugs in relation of the cushion shape edge. This distance seemed a bit longer in some first batches of V4 Noob casesets (fitting PAM 390) but now seems correct.

Yes, now the bezel seems a bit higher but the transition edge and upper edge seem nicely rounded like gen, reducing the effect of very high bezel base like happens in H maker bezels. See the "S" shape of the reflections in the inclined surface of the bezel, just like gen has

If Noob introduces a correct CG lever shape, applies all new V4 parts and finishes correctly the inner surfaces between lugs in their V4 casesets we will get a Luminor Bettarini 44mm caseset more 95% gen-like and unbeatable.

ALE

Is there a comparison between a V3 and a V4 case set without mods so buyers know what to spot in QC photos. Might be an idea to see about putting one together?

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14

ALE

Yes, the case is really nice. From first glance, you have the feel good notion but like i've said, disappointed with the lugs' finishing. The bezel height is definitely not noticeable, even for an OCD like me probably due to the nice soften edges. Hopefully Noob will start to use back corrected levers (which is extinct now) and thin crowns on all of their models. My wish is that Noob apply of the fix on their titanium cases together with the lever. So at the mean time, i shall stop looking at Noob Pams until they fix everything :D

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Is there a comparison between a V3 and a V4 case set without mods so buyers know what to spot in QC photos. Might be an idea to see about putting one together?

Its pretty easy, provided the QC pics are on the right angle and clear. I know certain TD's QC might not provide pics on certain angle so request for those. Anyway, there should be a clean space between the lug and the case body edge. Old v3's have the lugs pretty attached or close to the case cushion.

image.jpg

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
This is not the V4, this is yet another case, a lot more like the V3 to V4. The upper corners are not enough slanted
Here a Noob V4 and a comparo with the new HF

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/221602-Noob-V4-caseset-vs-new-HF-caseset-(PICS)

The 005 for sale from Toro as V4 seems to have the right case and the right crown.

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_52&product_id=511

It's just the angle of the pic mate :) I have a PAM390 case on my hand (December 2014 model, same batch as the one Projectologist posted on repgeek) and i have compared both of them before. These two v4s are two different cases, thus me labeling it as the latest v4. In recent QCs, we have seen certain PAM390's with v4 cases that has huge gap between lugs and case cushion, almost KW like and i am to believe they still have it now. However, this v4 case has just popped up lately, starting on the 111 and then the 005 on Toro's website. By the way, the 111 and 005 are using the same case and a member bought one 005 from Toro that day and it did not have the thin crown but case came as the same one like the v4 im showing.

This pic is a comparo of the Latest v4 (on rubber) with the old 390 v4 (the one that came with correct lever and i believe the same one like in your thread?)
IMG_4698.jpg

Imo, the latest case has better lug shape and space between the lug to cushion but at the expense of a higher bezel. However, the old 390 v4 is still good nevertheless and if properly polished (removing machining lines) will still be one of the best cases at the moment. As for latest v4, once polished and refined, it is definitely the best case to have at the moment. H-Fac's case just dont do it for me as the finishing is off and until today, they have yet to fix the imbalanced lug hole.

The v3 case totally fall behind these two cases due to the usual lug connecting to cushion flaw.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Mate, you're saying that this case is different from the old Noob 390 case.The Noob 390 case IS the V4, this one is perhaps a V5?
However imho, the Noob 390 case, the V4, is and remains the absolute best case produced, perfect shape in every detail very close to the gen.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Many thanks kampachi and Bozz for the comments and opinions
I really think we are in a transition period with many changes, improvements an even inconsistencies on productions.
That was the same in all previous changes, I remember the transition from Noob V1...V2... V2.5.. to V3 and a lot of mixing parts on batches. I even started a thread commenting which were actually the improvements and features of V3 case.
I think that always was the same but nowadays we have much more info and care for details.
IMO we should wait for the stabilization of the productions in order to make definitive decisions. In the meanwhile we will remain observing and comparing to get the data we need .

Thanks again and keep the good job

ALE

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Very interesting thread.

I was wondering if there are any developments in terms of the consistency for v4 versions.

Want to upgrade from my PAM111 Noob v3 but this confusion is putting me on hold.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Very interesting thread.

I was wondering if there are any developments in terms of the consistency for v4 versions.

Want to upgrade from my PAM111 Noob v3 but this confusion is putting me on hold.

Toro should have the v4 111 case but it still uses old crown guard with wrong lever and fat crown. One thing i hate on the v4 case is it still has the usual bad finishing (machining lines) on the inner lugs and area between the lugs. There's a slight deformation on the area between lug and case cushion. A lot of work has to be done to remove them and repolish it again.

NCchef

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/13
Solution is buy a gen case. Look hard and you can find around $600. Problem solved. The new v4 has the best overall bezel shape though. The last one I got had really great case finishing between the lugs.