• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake Omega....were supposed to destroy these in front of you...

Dave77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/14
That's the answer I've had twice today from 5 different jewellery shops who I've asked to adjust the bracelet for me!!! The other 3 wouldn't touch it as its an Omega and either wouldn't believe me it's a replica and didn't want to risk breaking it and have a big repair bill!! or just stuck their noses up & handed it back the when I said its a replica!!!

So....problem!!! How do I get this bracelet adjusted to fit? Is there a DIY guide here please?

There's one more place to try who did my old Daytona (after some serious grovelling!!) so I'll try him on the weekend.

Anybody else have this problem? Walked miles today trying to get it done :(

D

d4m.test

Sorry mate, but what are You doing? Or what were You expecting? You simply don´t go into a jewellery shop with these, maybe into a 5-min-repair shop in the next mall.
Just get the cheap watch repair toolbox kit from Amazon and do it Yourself, lots of videos on youtube about it. Family and friends will be impressed the next time You do it for them.
Depending on the model there is a tiny tube in the middle of the link which either drops out or stays in but may drop anytime. Don´t loose it as otherwise it can´t get fixed. It´s really tiny, less than 1 mm length and smaller in diameter, use a leather cloth beneath and a big paper card box or similar. Have some pliers in standby too.

Dave77

24/8/14
Sorry mate, but what are You doing? Or what were You expecting? You simply don´t go into a jewellery shop with these, maybe into a 5-min-repair shop in the next mall.
Just get the cheap watch repair toolbox kit from Amazon and do it Yourself, lots of videos on youtube about it. Family and friends will be impressed the next time You do it for them.
Depending on the model there is a tiny tube in the middle of the link which either drops out or stays in but may drop anytime. Don´t loose it as otherwise it can´t get fixed. It´s really tiny, less than 1 mm length and smaller in diameter, use a leather cloth beneath and a big paper card box or similar. Have some pliers in standby too.

Now youve said it.....yep your right!!!

Felt like a right dick! I did the last omega myself but it's a cheap cheap one, didn't fancy trying this and breaking it but if it's not too difficult I'll try it.

Did have another sneak of the gen seamaster though. Really impressed with this one so not a bad day after all!

Ill get the repair toolbox now :)

Dave77

24/8/14
I'll pop into town again tomorrow when I collect the car from the garage and have a scoot around.

I did find a small repair shop by the guy looked like this...

BD79E1B4-E02F-4F7B-97BF-952566347B1D_zpssf8z6lng.jpg

put me right off my KFC....

D

d4m.test

I'll pop into town again tomorrow when I collect the car from the garage and have a scoot around.

I did find a small repair shop by the guy looked like this...

BD79E1B4-E02F-4F7B-97BF-952566347B1D_zpssf8z6lng.jpg

put me right off my KFC....
That´s him, that´s the guy! He´ll fix it:) lol

kazin326

Known Member
24/9/09
If you don't have the brains to adjust a bracelet you prolly should never reproduce. There couldn't be anything easy to do with a watch! A million articles on here and on YouTube. Please use your brain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
If you don't have the brains to adjust a bracelet you prolly should never reproduce. There couldn't be anything easy to do with a watch! A million articles on here and on YouTube. Please use your brain

LOL now that is funny!!! Part of what makes this hobby so fun is learning how to tinker. First a bracelet and then a crystal. Who knows you may be drilling your own lug holes someday!!

Conquerer

27/5/15
You got the ceramic Seamaster 300m didn't you? That one is super easy to resize since it has screws. If you don't have a tiny flathead screwdriver, just pick up a set of them from anywhere. Unscrew the screws on each side of the links (or just one side if you want) and shake the link/bracelet until the pin slides out. Worse case just stick in a pin to knock it loose -- but remember it's not like the older Omega bracelets where you essentially need a bracelet pin remover tool.

Don't be an idiot and keep track of the screws and pins (put them somewhere safe while working) and also use a cloth or something underneath the watch as to not scratch anything. Super easy.

Dave77

24/8/14
You got the ceramic Seamaster 300m didn't you? That one is super easy to resize since it has screws. If you don't have a tiny flathead screwdriver, just pick up a set of them from anywhere. Unscrew the screws on each side of the links (or just one side if you want) and shake the link/bracelet until the pin slides out. Worse case just stick in a pin to knock it loose -- but remember it's not like the older Omega bracelets where you essentially need a bracelet pin remover tool.

Don't be an idiot and keep track of the screws and pins (put them somewhere safe while working) and also use a cloth or something underneath the watch as to not scratch anything. Super easy.

thanks mate I'll try this later. Stuck at the car garage for now so won't get home till late ;(

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Um, WTF? How about you get some manners.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Wait, a jewellery shop worker could tell it was fake just by looking at it ? I'm assuming you didn't take it into a place that sells omegas?

Dave77

24/8/14
Wait, a jewellery shop worker could tell it was fake just by looking at it ? I'm assuming you didn't take it into a place that sells omegas?

No they all thought is was genuine but too scared to work on it, then told them it's a rep and they either came down hard saying they're meant to destroy it or just turned their noses up at it!

Is that true what they say about destroying them? She was a bit of a snotty cow though....should have gone to a bloke!

Fracture

Renowned Member
7/10/13
No they all thought is was genuine but too scared to work on it, then told them it's a rep and they either came down hard saying they're meant to destroy it or just turned their noses up at it!

Is that true what they say about destroying them? She was a bit of a snotty cow though....should have gone to a bloke!

I don't know what the laws are regarding to destroying reps but yeah... What do you expect? You come into a jewelery/watch store with a replica watch that you bought online. If I was the salesman I'd show you the door as well. Use common sense.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
It's really easy to adjust a bracelet ...... A noob with no experience can do it, trust me... YouTube the instructions, and follow the simple 4 Step process ..... it will make you feel like a certified horologist (ok, maybe not THAT awesome, but almost) .. Good Luck!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach

WOW that's pretty harsh give the newbie a break.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you're struggling to remove links, see if you can remove the bracelet from the watch-head....if so, try taking the bracelet only and ask them to take out a couple of links or whatever.

Blokes at any timpson shop (shoe repairs, key-cuts etc.) will happily take out a few links.

I did this once and it worked.

Didn't have the tool to push out the link pins but was able to remove the bracelet. Good luck.