• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where can I get the best submariner replica?

GeorgeJung

Known Member
12/8/15
USA
R Factory has the best IMHO.

1b64614be651e83985d5cc98d7002675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bezel looks great!

Varan

Horology Curious
17/8/15
I don't understand what is the fun about it? Isn't it a valid question? Does anyone have to know?

Mitchydkid

Looking Around
16/2/09
People are being difficult for a few reasons.
1. Because the answer is a moving target as new versions are often hitting the market.
2. Because each rendition has different flaws and its a matter of opinion as to which flaws are worse.
3. And most of all... people are being difficult because it makes them feel high and mighty when they keep the answer from you and insist you go out and scour the forums trying to figure out the answer. This is what was done to them when they asked the same question long ago and they have now passed on the frustration to you.
I'm sorry I don't have a definite answer to give you, but I suspect the best is likely to be the newest from Noob factory (V5?) or one that has been worked over by BK, as he is the Submariner guru I think.

Hope you get a watch you enjoy.

orm

Known Member
1/9/09
4. We like forum members to do their own due diligence and not be so god damn lazy and spoiled.

Many beginners miss the point of this forum. Its not for hit and run and go away with the "best" rep. Its for hobby enthusiasts that want to read, explore and experience watches.

Varan

Horology Curious
17/8/15
Thank you my friend. I will follow your advice. I'll take BK's

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Poor guy took 2nd best.............see guys, you all confused him !! Next thing you know he will be called out on the ceramic insert, trade or sell it, and buy a TC Sub !! ........................................... For all those who have not seen a TC Sub in the flesh, well do so........the buck stops there !! ........ [the BKLM Sub could tie with TC's, if it had a better insert] .........................In the order of the 'best out the door' and 'cash and carry' Rolex Submariners: 1-TC Subs ....2-BKLM's Ceramic Subs, 3-and the Noob ceramic V5 116610 Sub. ............I don't think that can be disputed. The TC is still King.

Idz_odt

Horology Curious
9/8/15
Got this from supermirrors he a great dealer
6074408cbfd87301e6e30c4658f782ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copadelrey

Known Member
22/1/15
Oh my. Stop the confusion guys. Best sub is from R-Factory. Best insert, best crystal, best cyclops! Even TC is no match... TC is missing the engraving on the lugs. Check your local AD and ask for an R-Factory submariner, grade AAA. You won't go wrong!

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
I believe the best submariner is the one standing on the right.

US_Navy_031205-N-4281P-038_Adm._William_J._Fallon_talks_with_the_crew_of_the_Los_Angeles_Class_submarine_USS_Springfield_(SSN_761).jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Poor guy took 2nd best.............see guys, you all confused him !! Next thing you know he will be called out on the ceramic insert, trade or sell it, and buy a TC Sub !! ........................................... For all those who have not seen a TC Sub in the flesh, well do so........the buck stops there !! ........ [the BKLM Sub could tie with TC's, if it had a better insert] .........................In the order of the 'best out the door' and 'cash and carry' Rolex Submariners: 1-TC Subs ....2-BKLM's Ceramic Subs, 3-and the Noob ceramic V5 116610 Sub. ............I don't think that can be disputed. The TC is still King.
Ya, ceramic subs are fer da noobs!

I don't think youre supposed to admit that buddy

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Not that there's anything wrong with that :D