• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need Some Help FAST!!! - Advice on a new DSSD with issues - Can a watchsmit fix this?

tenacious_b

18/3/06
Last night I unpacked my new 243J and Noob DSSD from Toro. The 243J is perfect. The DSSD has an issue or two. The date advances at 6 instead of 12, AND the date wheel cannot be advanced with the crown. At first it would advance, but only if I kept outward pressure on the crown between the 2nd and 3rd position while I turned it, but now, no matter what I do, it will not advance except by andvancing the time.

Question: Are these issues easily fixed by a watchsmith, or is this indicative of a defect that warrants replacement?

tenacious_b

18/3/06
Bump - Please, if anyone has info here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Even though I know I've read about this here before, I could not unearth it using the search function.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
what movement is in the DSSD ?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ok the date switching over at 6 can easily be corrected by resetting the hands.

The date not being able to be set by the crown is probably one of 2 things, either a messup keyless works, or a bad date corrector.

Either can be fixed by a watch smith quite easily too

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Did you touch base with Toro yet? You should reach out. From what I understand he is a really good dealer and will probably give you some options. If not, and you don't have a trustworthy local watchsmith, I would reach out to Strodda, he is a newer modder/service guy on RWI and has very good communication, he would probably be able to fix it at a minimal cost.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Last night I unpacked my new 243J and Noob DSSD from Toro. The 243J is perfect. The DSSD has an issue or two. The date advances at 6 instead of 12, AND the date wheel cannot be advanced with the crown. At first it would advance, but only if I kept outward pressure on the crown between the 2nd and 3rd position while I turned it, but now, no matter what I do, it will not advance except by andvancing the time.

Question: Are these issues easily fixed by a watchsmith, or is this indicative of a defect that warrants replacement?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah id contact Toro for sure and see what he says first, he might be able to help out with the repairs....

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
You need to take that "HELP FAST" out of your vocabulary in this hobby. Or else you'll go bonkers!

tenacious_b

18/3/06
yeah, check my join date...I've been at this longer than you. I mean "Fast" as in I'm going to my watchsmith over lunch and was hoping for some guidance before I left. ;)