• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner No Date 114060 Decision Help

Marc6996

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/15
Hi Guys

I'm reading here for 3 months now. There are just so many nice reps out there and this is really a great hobby.
After 3 Months I really want to buy my first decent rep.

I decided to go with the classic No Date Sub. I found these 2 models and I know that the 1:1 Noob for 358$ is more accurate.
But is it really worth spending over 100 $ for the noob 1:1? Which flaws are really obvious on the cheaper one and is it really worth it ?

http://www.intime.co/1939-submariner-114060-ln-black-ceramic-v5-1-1-noob-best-edition-a2836.html

http://www.intime.co/submariner/940-noob-rolex-submariner-114060-no-date-noob-edition-a2836.html

If the more expensive one is really worth it, I won't hesitate to buy it. However I prefer to make my decisions while respecting the bang for a buck ratio. Or should I buy a Sea Dweller?

Would really appreciate the help of some Rollie experts here.

If you have any other proposition for a 20 year old Management Student who wants to start with a decent and accurate steel sportswatch rep dont hesitate. I really like the Datejust II but I will keep this option for later.

Thank you in advance guys

SwissMade

23/12/14
I have had the newest model of the Noob 114060 and I find it to be very much worth the extra buck. Not a day goes by where I have any regrets to pulling the trigger on that specific version. Granted, the bezel silver colour could have been better as well with the dial crown 'face' being downwards for most of the dials. Minor things, but they need to make some small subtle flaws in order to produce newer versions in the future. After all it is a replica.

Conclusion; the newest Noob 114060 is worth it.

I have been looking at a Sea-Dwealler as well... I like the SD4000 the most. For some reason I can't stand the 'original gas escape valve' and 'ring lock system' text inside the dial. Go for the one you like, mate. Purchasing the most up-to-date versions are definitely worth it.

Junger

5/6/15
Go with the newer Noob V2. Other version is older V1 with incorrect casing. Both SD and SubC No Date are nice. I have both. SD is nicer but I wear SubC No Date more often.

Marc6996

27/5/15
Thanks Guys that helps me a lot. I didn't know that the other one is the V1. Also it has a 2824 but I guess the two movements are very close or equal. But is the No Date Sub a super rep like the Explorer II White Dial? I don't wanna be caught out like everyone here. Don't wanna show off with that watch but I want to wear it with pride. Still a hard decision whether i should take the Sd or the Sub.
[MENTION=108059]Junger[/MENTION]: you have them both? I have an 19 cm or 7.4 inch wrist. I already got an Invicta 8926 Sub Hommage Watch which is 40mm. Its okay but 42 would be perfect I think. Does the Sea Dweller look bigger although his dial is a little bit smaller? I know its also a 40 mm watch but which one feels and looks bigger?

The Sea Dweller is also more accurate?

Tank you guys and a have good day

Cleanboy

Renowned Member
28/7/14
Get a no date version is better than date version , my three sub v4 n v5 date wheel all not in center .
Some are 1 to 9 ok 10 to 20 out to the top then 21 to 31 ok .

D

d4m.test

Hi and welcome. For a no-date option (and even rep) imo for a student the Tudor Blackbay ($298) is easier to use, more interesting and very well made. Alternative 2 would be the BP classic Seadweller (+- $248) not the latest model, the 16600 one. Once it´s a little used in my opinion a perfectly nice and very believable rep/ watch.

As for the initial question: the more expensive, newer one is really worth the difference.

Junger

5/6/15
@Junger: you have them both? I have an 19 cm or 7.4 inch wrist. I already got an Invicta 8926 Sub Hommage Watch which is 40mm. Its okay but 42 would be perfect I think. Does the Sea Dweller look bigger although his dial is a little bit smaller? I know its also a 40 mm watch but which one feels and looks bigger?

The Sea Dweller is also more accurate?

Yes, I have both. From the dial view, Sea Dweller is actually smaller than the SubC No Date. Sea Dweller lugs taper down more than the SubC No Date so it looks slightly smaller. But from the side view, Sea Dweller is about 2mm thicker. See photo below. Center is SD and the right is SubC. Both are close to gen but still with noticeable flaws (bezel font paint, clasp, wrong dial finish for SD, incorrect case number for SubC No Date, etc). Both are about equal, IMO.

As Daywatch mentioned, you should also consider Tudor Black Bay. I have the red bezel and the blue bezel versions. They are both nice. And they are more accurate than SD or SubC No Date.

26.jpg

Junger

5/6/15
Do u have bb red bezel pic ? I am also aiming this

I recently changed to leather strap on the red bezel. My photo skills are not good. :whistling: I try to take better photo later...

32.jpg

And the lug difference between SubC No Date and SD4000. You can see the lugs on SD is more tapered down.

33.jpg

Not the white dial but photos of my black dial Explorer II 42mm.

1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Cleanboy

Renowned Member
28/7/14
I recently changed to leather strap on the red bezel. My photo skills are not good. :whistling: I try to take better photo later...

32.jpg

And the lug difference between SubC No Date and SD4000. You can see the lugs on SD is more tapered down.

33.jpg

Not the white dial but photos of my black dial Explorer II 42mm.

1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Thanks , I also like the sea dweller . Three watch either sub no date , Tudor bb or sea dweller . Which one is best choice I am still considering.

Marc6996

27/5/15
Thank you Guys for the nice pics! I Love this forum! Damn that Explorer II is gorgeous. Where did you get this one ? Is this the NOOB Factory 1:1 for 328$? That is definitely an option for me.
I think this is a understatement Rolex and maybe better for a student like me.

The comparison between the Sea Dweller and the Submariner helps me. A Sea Dweller with the dial size of a sub would be perfect. I prefer the Sea Dweller but I'm not sure about the matte dial I think a Glossy one is better.

The Black Bay is very nice too but what do you guys think of the Pelag0s? I know its kind of off topic but the discussion is very nice.

Junger

5/6/15
Thanks , I also like the sea dweller . Three watch either sub no date , Tudor bb or sea dweller . Which one is best choice I am still considering.

All three are very nice. SD and SubC ND have more bling. Tudor BB is more low key. I like the Tudor BB best out of the three because it is very, very close to gen. SD and SubC ND, I could spot them as a rep on someone's wrist. Of course, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :) And Tudor BB is $100 cheaper. :)

Junger

5/6/15
Thank you Guys for the nice pics! I Love this forum! Damn that Explorer II is gorgeous. Where did you get this one ? Is this the NOOB Factory 1:1 for 328$? That is definitely an option for me.
I think this is a understatement Rolex and maybe better for a student like me.

The comparison between the Sea Dweller and the Submariner helps me. A Sea Dweller with the dial size of a sub would be perfect. I prefer the Sea Dweller but I'm not sure about the matte dial I think a Glossy one is better.

The Black Bay is very nice too but what do you guys think of the Pelag0s? I know its kind of off topic but the discussion is very nice.

It is Noob V2 1:1 and purchased from TS-Watch. But it is the one with the cheaper DG3804B movement. I purchased the cheaper version to try it out and it is definitely growing on me. I might consider purchasing one with the better movement but recently got into Panerai watches instead... :whistling:

Noob Sea Sweller V2 has glossy dial. Genuine does not (textured and matte).

Sorry, don't know much about Pelagos and how close they are to gen. But the Tudor BB is very, very close to gen. I can easily spot Noob SD4000 V2 or SubC ND V2 as a rep on someone's wrist but not the Tudor BB. But most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference... :)

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
It is Noob V2 1:1 and purchased from TS-Watch. But it is the one with the cheaper DG3804B movement. I purchased the cheaper version to try it out and it is definitely growing on me. I might consider purchasing one with the better movement but recently got into Panerai watches instead... :whistling:

Noob Sea Sweller V2 has glossy dial. Genuine does not (textured and matte).

Sorry, don't know much about Pelagos and how close they are to gen. But the Tudor BB is very, very close to gen. I can easily spot Noob SD4000 V2 or SubC ND V2 as a rep on someone's wrist but not the Tudor BB. But most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference... :)

pelagos id say is close to gen just have to make sure those markers are alinged properly

Marc6996

27/5/15
Oh thats cool that the 148 $ version with the cheaper movement looks like that ! I prefer the A2836 because of the higher beat rate but I think a normal person won't be able to spot the Explorer II as a replica. How does your Explorer II feel? Does it feel like a gen Exp II ? This has to be a super Rep

Junger

5/6/15
Oh thats cool that the 148 $ version with the cheaper movement looks like that ! I prefer the A2836 because of the higher beat rate but I think a normal person won't be able to spot the Explorer II as a replica. How does your Explorer II feel? Does it feel like a gen Exp II ? This has to be a super Rep

I don’t know. I never held genuine Explorer II 42mm or seen one in person. They are nice but I guess not a popular model...? Noob Explorer II feels solid and looks close to gen when comparing from the gen photos. But I wouldn’t call it a super rep. The clasp is still very disappointing, bracelet is just OK, incorrect hand stack, and the Noob cyclop isn’t that good. And if you held any one of the genuine modern Rolex, there is no mistaking between the two. Quality of the steel to how fine the bracelet is brushed to polishing on the side of the case and etc… But as a rep, Noob Explorer II is a good rep.

Junger

5/6/15
Yes, BB is much cheaper gen. Maybe 3 times cheaper compare to SD4000.