• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One of Putin's aides caught wearing an RM052

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I'm glad I finally have somewhere to post this. I saw this a few days ago: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/03/europe/putin-aide-dmitry-peskov-watch-corruption-allegation/

Dmitry Peskov was caught wearing an RM-052. He claims it has nothing to do with corruption and was just a gift from his wife :rofl:

2B0FFB1500000578-0-image-a-85_1438607378212.jpg

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
dont believe the liberal hype..

maybe he is a RWI member. =)

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
Let's just hope that he smashed a fake... Otherwise i'd travel back to indonesia to get the broken watch ^^

Tempus fugit, utere.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A gift . . . from his wife . . . yeah, riiiight.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
A gift . . . from his wife . . . yeah, riiiight.

She's an ex-figure skater... perhaps figure skating is big business in Russia? ;)

And I always thought we had high members in many places!

It would seem we have a mix of the two!

Let's just hope that he smashed a fake... Otherwise i'd travel back to indonesia to get the broken watch ^^

The reporters looked at the watch after he picked it up and apparently it had no sign of damage and was functioning fine :D you would think if it really was fake he would have no problems giving it away to one of the reporters, if they were smart one of them would have asked for it and said if it's truly a fake he'd be willing to give it away. He might have been desperate enough to save face and the reporter could have walked away with an RM!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Military chief 'collects fake watches'

When asked whether buying counterfeit goods violated intellectual property rights, the military chief responded: Its a GEN

Wondering if is willing to take $400 since he smashed it :D will have to wait for it to pop on m2m ...

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
She's an ex-figure skater... perhaps figure skating is big business in Russia? ;)

It would seem we have a mix of the two!

The reporters looked at the watch after he picked it up and apparently it had no sign of damage and was functioning fine :D you would think if it really was fake he would have no problems giving it away to one of the reporters, if they were smart one of them would have asked for it and said if it's truly a fake he'd be willing to give it away. He might have been desperate enough to save face and the reporter could have walked away with an RM!

You're evil. I like the way you think haha

Tempus fugit, utere.

rek0001

1/1/13
Hmm, not to sound preachy but, any time a politician wears an expensive watch in public it shows really bad form. Keep the bling at home, you look like a corrupt twat.

I know good old Bill Clinton was heavily criticized recently for wearing a plat Rollie while blathering on about world hunger at some summit.

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
The sad thing is Indonesians support him wearing luxury watch and telling foreigners to shut up.

Military wage can't afford these. Bribes are the only answer for such hobby.. is it ok for people in public office to publicly indulge ?

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Hmm, not to sound preachy but, any time a politician wears an expensive watch in public it shows really bad form. Keep the bling at home, you look like a corrupt twat.

I know good old Bill Clinton was heavily criticized recently for wearing a plat Rollie while blathering on about world hunger at some summit.

The sad thing is Indonesians support him wearing luxury watch and telling foreigners to shut up.

Military wage can't afford these. Bribes are the only answer for such hobby.. is it ok for people in public office to publicly indulge ?

I agree completely. Clinton has a decent collection, I think I've seen his wearing a few PAMs and IWCs too, but then again, he has the legitimate means to afford the watches he does have (although bad form to wear one at a summit like that). But I doubt all the watches in his collection add up to one of those RMs.

The reason there probably isn't much outcry over the RMs in Russia and Indo because it's sort of expected haha, I think it would be more surprising if they weren't corrupt [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk