• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Serial numbers - how do they work on reps?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Hi Guys,
I am still new in reps, only one which I own is cheapo quartz speedy. As this is cheapo it does not have any serial number, which I really do not mind.

This may be rep 101 question but haven't found it in 'search' so let me ask here - how does it look like in case of more expensive reps?
I mean Noobs/BPs. Do all Noob liquidemetals come come with same serial number e.g "12345678", while e.g. V6F will go with e.g "45678901" ?, and so on.
Or are the numbers completely random? Seriously, how does it work in practice?

Please educate me.

Thanks

marrickville

28/5/10
Australia
Most serial numbers correspond to a genuine piece at some point. They are usually period too - for Omega replicas anyway.

I'm thinking of the SMP, PO, etc.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Some of the more expensive reps have differing serials. For example the first batch of AP Montauk Highways had serials from 1 to 300 like the gens. A lot of PAMs have different serials but you won't be the only person with that serial.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Thanks All
I bought two BP CrSMP, blue and black one - both came with the same number, but I do not know how to read modern Omega numbers so cannot tell does the number make any sense.